Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Call Drop VS AMR

• This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by ALi.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Taha

How is the call drop Increase when activate AMR ,

Jason

When going to AMR we noticed a slight increase in the call drop rate. This is because the customer quality is stays better to a lower rssi. So the customer does not end the call due to poor quality they will actually will drop the call instead.
    Jason

pix

hi,
    Im not sure i understood what you explained, especially the end :

why do they drop the call ?
    and… err … how do they do it ? not everyone can “drop” a call intentionally 🙂

Jason

Please correct me if I am wrong.

You might see a increase in the Call drops when moving to AMR from EFR. This is not a problem with the AMR codec. What is happening is that the AMR codec is so much better that when a customer is using his phone on EFR and his call quality will go bad and the customer will end the call for example they are getting garbled voice. This will not peg as a call drop. But with AMR the call quality will stay better longer. The customer will keep talking on the call until the customer walks into a area in the building that has no coverage and the call will get dropped. Both will be frustrating to the customer. The one the customer disconnects there own call. The AMR will seem to hold the call longer but will peg a drop because the customer had good enough quality not to disconnect the call themselves.

pix

jason,

ok thanks, i got it, and i agree 🙂

with the repeted SACCH / repeated FACCH feature, this phenomenom should not occur anymore though. Have you tried it already ?

regards
    pix

ALi

Can you guide parameter of Repeated SAACH/FAACH in huawei

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.