Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

DL rate>30Mbps, RAB=16Mbps

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mXa

I am making a data session trial where I got a DL rate > 30Mbps. I checked the RAB parameters, max. RAB is 16Mbps.

How is that possible?

Regards,
    mXa

pix

hi, maybe the MS is having 2 RAB ?

mXa

I know there are enough E1s to maintain such rate but PDP also has a max. rate of 16Mbps.

If we assumed more than one RAB is assigned, what about PDP ?

mXa

just to update. appeared to have used a special SIM (i.e pdp would support rate)

So, multi-PS RAB would be a solution to the matter

mXa

paraHO

mXa what special SIM would enable MS to double its DL?

Thx

pix

I guess the PDP limitation are applied by the core network (GGSN/HLR, or equivalent) per SIM.
    multiRAB – I’m not convinced myself, especially if you were transferring one single file, or streaming only one video.

are you in HSDPA, Wimax or LTE ?

mXa

@paraHO I meant a SIM having a different HLR profile than usual subscribers.

@pix hspa was used. i know that multi-rab is used for CS+PS. Do u know anyone to try PS+PS combination? (if possible)

mXa

pix

hi, yes you can have multi-RAB in case of multiple PDP context (i.e. connexion to different PDN, or to one PDN but with different qoS settings)
    there will be one RAB (or more) per PDP context.
    Having 2 RAB per PDP means that there are two flows of data related to the same PDN (I’m thinking : data + its “high-layer” signaling)
    Anyway, that’s an area that I’m not yet familiar with, I hope I’m not telling too many mistakes 🙂

regards
    pix

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.