Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

FER issue after AMR FR activation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hin Giu

FER has increased on all cells after activating AMR FR, (there is no major impact on any KPI), however we dont find such issue with AMR HR.

pix

hi,

I would suspect that you have an issue with AMR FR + DTX. Try deactivating the DTX for AMR FR calls.

The FER should be better thanks to AMR, not worse, so it has to be a kind of software issue.

regards
    pix

Hin Giu

hello pix,

we thought of the same thing that is to deactivate DTX for AMR FR calls only but in Vain, can u plz suggest anyother valueable work around? 🙂

thank u

pix

no, I don’t have any other idea. What you could try is to keep only one codec in the AMR FR codec set, ie. only the 12.2kbps.
    Check if it is better.

Then add a second codec, for exampe, 10.x kbps. Check the FER.

a) If NOK -> Remove the codec 12.2 and use only 10.x -> check again.

b) If OK -> Then change this second codec to a lower one, and check the FER again. At this stage, you use only 2 codecs in the set.

Then once all codecs are verified, you should start the same thing with 3 codecs.

By the way, using only these 2 codecs : 12.2 and 7.4 is probably what I would apply on the field.

You don’t really need 3 codecs, except if you want to spend a lot of time optimizing your C/I threshold for very little benefit.

12.2 : good VQ
    7.4: good noise protection + TFO compatibility with AMR HR (in B11 only)

regards
    pix

Ian

Hi Hin Giu,

Have tried to remove DTX UL or DL ? or both ?

I believe you are still in B10 and facing incompability between AMR and DTX ?

BR
    Ian

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.