Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Inter-Vendor issues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rex

Hi all,
    what can go wrong if we have two vendors in radio part (ALU BSC and NokiaSiemens BSC). If both BSCs are in the same MSC (ALU) can cells from both BSCs be in the same LAC? Is there any inter-vendor issue regarding this and/or other issues which might derived lets say inter-vendor HO problems etc.
    Please explain if somebody had such experience.
    Regards,
    Rex

pix

Hi Rex,

There should be no problem as long as the MSC is properly configured 🙂 you are right, the only tricky parts are
    – the HO BSC-BSC
    – the Idle Reselection BSC-BSC
    – the PS Reselection BSC-BSC

but again, if the MSC is well-configured, then there should be no problem.
    For the PS reselection, it is up to the MS to reestablish the TBF in the new cell: I don’t think the SGSN has to play any part in this.

And yes, this configuration is deployed around the world (mixed BSS), without any issue, except MSC misconf. That is the whole purpose of a standardized 3GPP GSM: it intends to work across several vendors.

Regards
    pix

Rex

Thanks Pix,
    I hope it’ll go well. MSC will be replaced from Legacy to ngMSC which will handle one Nokia BSC and five ALU BSCs. As A-interface is transparent then there shouldn’t be any big issue.
    Another question as we didn’t have this experience, how shold be declared Nokia cell in ALU OMC-R during HO declaration? As external cell?
    Regards,
    Rex

pix

rex,

yes, of course, as external 2G cell 🙂 If they belong to the same PLMN, then that should be it, from OMC-R point of view. I can ask my OMC-R colleagues, just to be sure.

Regards
    pix

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.