1.What is the formula for Paging Success Rate (PSR) at BSS level?
2.How to compare this PSR on BSS with PSR on Core neiwork?
3.Why we get low PSR on core during midnight? Any reasons for this or step to analysis?
1. The formular may be different, according as how and what do you want to assess
– If you want to assess service quality (based on user perception):
EndUserPSR = Nbr_of_paging_response/Nbr_of_1st_paging_request
– If you want to assess network quality, you have to include number of paging retries:
PSR = Nbr_of_paging_response/(Nbr_of_1st_paging_request + Nbr_of_paging_retry)
2. Because paging request and paging response is initiated and received at core network side, so there is no PSR at BSS side.
3. You can follow these steps to check:
– Check T3212 in BSS, and set Implicit Detach Timer in MSC to 6*T3212 + 1
– T3113 (in MSC, not in BSS) must be set to T3101 + (3-5)seconds
– T3101 (in BSS) set to 3-5 seconds
However I’m not sure why PSR is low during midnight.