Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

AMR & DTX

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jason

Hi;
    I was reading a post that mentioned it was not desireable to have both AMR and DTX on at the same time. Can anyone expand on why this is a bad idea.
    Thanks
    Jason

pix

hi jason,

it’s not a bad idea. It is just that, in earlier releases of AMR, there was a kind of problem with DTX. Now the problem is solved in most vendors.

Activate DTX, and check with voice test that the quality is fine.

regards
    pix

Ian

Hi Jason and Pix,

recently, we have made a study (MOS measurement) on B10 Alcatel AMR and found out that activating AMR_HR and DTX was providing bad results in voice quality.

BR
    Ian

pix

ian,

i would recommend you report the issue to ALU, **please**. I’m sure they’ll patch you up 🙂
    Being in the system, I can tell you that fault report is really effective to improve a product. The fault is stored in a worldwide database and included in dev plans.
    It doesn’t mean the fault is going to be fixed right away, but for sure it will be taken into account for future patches.

For AMR though, I’m pretty sure the problem is already fixed (it was a 3GPP problem)

regards
    pix

Ian

Hi Pix,

You are right about reporting problems with ALU, but i’m fed up with TAC, wa had reported and opened about 10 tickets for the last 10 months and nothing came with a solution.

Thanks again
    Ian

Rex

Hi,
    How can we decide for which cell should we activate AMR. Which indicators in NPO we should check and during Drive Test? RMS voice quality? Bad RxQual and RxLev in drive test? Bad FER? When is suitable AMR_FR and when AMR_HR? When AMR with DTX and when without DTX? Is 10.2 codec better than 7.95? Anything about inputs we should consider in order to activate AMR (FR and/or HR).
    Regards,
    Rex

Jason

We have AMR turned up on all of our sites along with DTX also. I dont see any bad effects, that is why I was asking. The AMR is a much better codec than the EFR for voice quality. As for the difference for us between our FR and HR generaly we are trying to get our sites set up to start at FR and when they start getting loaded with traffic, they will start moving traffic to HR.

Rex

Hi Jason,
    on which release are you? B10?
    Regards,
    Rex

Jason

Hi Rex;
    We are running Ericsson we are on V9.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.