Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RF radiated power

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Christa Bausch

How do I calculate the relative increase in battery life if the rf switch performance increases by 1 dbm for cellular phones?

How can you find the increase in base station power propagation distance with an increase of 1 dbm?

pix

hi christa,

1/ in the MS : hard to compute. thanks to UL power control, the MS will always use as less power as it can. Less than this, the call will drop.

2/ I think the coverage is increased by about 5%, or perhaps even 10%. It would be better to do a coverage prediction in a planning tool, and assess the impact this way.. I could try, tomorrow (if i think about it)

regards
    pix

Christa Bausch

Morning Pix,
    Thanks for the response. Do you have any recommended coverage prediction tools or sources that might point me the right way? I hit a research roadblock and would appreciate any help.
    Thanks,
    Christa

pix

hi,

prediction tools are very expensive… I would strongly recommend products from alcatel-lucent (9955 RNP) or from Forsk (Atoll). I don’t know the others, but these 2 are great (and more than that !!)

about documents, i would recommend you to dig into the IEEE database, but you need to register. Maybe your company has already a registration there, so you don’t need to pay anything. But if they don’t they you might want to consider paying it. It very worthwhile.
    You will find an incredible amount of studies about radio coverages (among others).

regards
    pix

Christa Bausch

Luckily I have a registration through UCSD and have been using that database a lot. Thanks for the help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.