Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Data session through mobile wifi

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daman

Dear All
    Currently i am able to connect with a server to test my mobile application.I am using Nextel sim card to test my application using gprs connection with the server(whose domain name i am using to connect)
    But i want to test my application enabling the wifi of my device(connecting to wifi network of the nextel lab), iam able to connect with the Nextel lab wifi but the problem is that now iam not able to reach to the server to test my device (it always shows connection error).
    Any comments on this , what is the issue…

pix

hi,

this is an IP problem… Your wifi network is connected to internet and perhaps the intranet, but it is not located on the same network than your server you want to test.
    First thing to do : enable access from the wifi “backbone” to the server.

regards
    pix

Daman

Hi PIX

Thanks for the reply

Could you shed some knowledge on how to enable the server access from wifi backbone?
    And In case of GPRS iam able to access the server , what is the difference in configuration here that makes me connect to the server through GPRS but not through Wifi

Some more detail in this will help

Thanks Again

pix

hi,

what is the IP@ of the server ?

does it belong to your telecom network, or does it belong to internet?

Daman

I know the domain name of my server(niiomadm.smarttrust.com)
    And it doesn’t belong to my lab network rather belongs to internet

pix

hi,

no, it doesn’t belong to internet because i cannot access it from my computer 🙂

ok, while you are in GPRS : open MS-DOS command prompt and type
    > tracert niiomadm.smarttrust.com

now, connect with WiFi and do the same.

instead of using the name of the domain, you’d better use the IP@.

using the wifi, you see that the connection is “blocked” at a certain router.

regards
    pix

Daman

Hi PIX
    Thanks for the info again
    Yes you are right, that IP is not internet IP and neither i can access this IP from my telecom network using the browser from my device ….Rather it can be communicated only by the Device management application(installed on my device), because that involves IP packets transfer after prior authentication only ..\
    So according to me the server IP is some kind of special IP which cant be accessed openly through browser without the proper auth mechanism….

Thanks again for the help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.