Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

No HO in drive-test

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Maxim

Hello and please help if you can.

I have a 3 sectors BTS in GSM with problems. In NPO I see the Incoming HO matrix and it seems fine ( over 90% success and loads of requests). In drive test I can’t get on this cell through HO. The cells are defined as neighbours, the mobile sees the neighbour but it just does not try to make HO on it. Using Xcap I see the level of my site as the 1st neighbour at -60 but the call remains on the old cell until it drops at -110. In idle it reselects my site and makes HO between sectors. When I drive away it remains on it until it drops again.
    All parameters of this cell are standard. I have deleted and recreated the cell at OMC-R, I have checked the declaration at core level. All sites in the area are on the same BSC, same LAC, same MSC. Release B10, vendor Alu.
    Any ideas what I can do next?

pix

hi,

the handovers algorithms are complex, and there could be fewreasons why the ho is not taking place:
    – congestion in target cell
    – high traffic load in target cell
    – neighbour belong to a different band or a different layer

you have checked the inc ho matrix for that particular neighbour, if i understood well ? and the incoming is good. What about the ho in the other way around ?
    If the statistics are showing HO Req and HO Succ, then I would strongly believe that the HO is not taking place for your particular MS, due to one of the reasons above.

How many HO Succ and HO Req are measured, between these 2 cells, in both directions, for one full day ?

Regards
    pix

Maxim

I have figured out the problem today. It seems that the Samsung tepephone we are using for tests is uncapable to make a HO from DCS si GSM-E. I have done the drive test with a Nokia phone and Nemo and everything is fine.
    Thank you

pix

hi,

ok, that’s another possibility 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.