Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

NORTEL BTS,SMART POWER MANAGEMENT

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RBS

SOME TRXS OF MY NORTEL BTSs GOES DOWN.THE HARDWARE INFORMATION SHOWS THAT THEY ARE OFF DUE SMART POWER MANAGEMENT FUNCTION.IF THE TRX IS REPLACED WITH A NEW ONE,THE SITUATION REMAINS THE SAME.
    WILL ANYBODY PLEASE HELP EXPLAINING THE CAUSE OF THE TROUBLE ??
    THANKING IN ADVANCE

Tanuj

Hi RBS

This is due to the feature in BTS its also called Dynamic Power Shutdown, it is there so that if the traffic in a cell is very less then the bts will shutdown the trx of the cell thus saving the power consumption of the bts, but the trx should start automatically if traffic increases, if you are facing this problem then get the feature disabled from OMCR. This feature is in the new bts’s in ericsson and huawei too but we usually turn it off in our network due to such problems.

Regards
    Tanuj

RBS

AT FIRST MANY THANKS.IN MY OMCR SUFFICENT PREVILEDGE IS NOT THERE TO MODIFY OBJECTS.THE PERSON SITTING AT THE NMC SAYS IT IS A PROBLEM AT THE HARDWARE LEVEL,IS TO BE RECTIFIED BY PHYSICALLY CHECKING .. PROBABLY HE IS UNAWARE OF THE CAUSE.I WANT TO KNOW ,CAN THIS DYNAMIC SHUTDOWN BE REMOVED BTSWISE OR CAN BE MODIFIED FOR THE WHOLE BSC..IT WILL BE VERY MUCH HELPFUL IF YOU PLEASE ELABORATE THE STEPS TO REMOVE THAT DYNAMIC PROCESS..
    THANKING YOU

Tanuj

Hi RBS

This feature is enabled BTS wise and is enabled by us when we create the BTS database,since i am not using Notel so i can’t tell you the exact steps how to disable it there, we are using ZTE and Huawei in our NW, in Huawei we can modify this parameter by MML, so you will have to ask someone from Nortel about the exact steps to disable this.

Regards
    Tanuj

RBS

TANUJ,THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.