Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SDCCH/8 on BCCH TRX

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    alphachild

Hello all. Please what is best if you have 4 TRXs, with 4 SDCCH/8. Should all SDs be configured on the BCCH TRX? What is the benefit of this? What happens if this BCCH TRX go down or is unavailable will the SDs be shifted automatically?

I work on ALCATEL EQUIPEMENT

pix

hi,

if bcch trx goes down, then its logical configuration (all the 8 TS) are shifted to another TRX.
    So my recommendation is to have 2 SDCCH on the BCCH TRX, and then 1 SDCCH on 2 other TRXs.
    The last TRX will have no SDCCH, in order to favour it for PDCH Allocation (the idea is to have 8 consecutive TCH/PDCH on the same TRX)

cheers
    pix

Optim

Hi PIx,

Is there any Parameter (switch) to control this reconfiguration when BCCH TRx goes down? or its a default by standard?

Thanks,

pix

hi,

i think there is no parameter to tune this. What would you like to tune actually ? Because shifting the BCCH to a trx that’s “up” is definitely something you want enabled !

regards
    pix

Optim

Hi Pix,

Thanks mate.

I don’t actually want to tune anything, but just wanted to know if this can be disabled by any parameter, so that one can have this in mind if in the event that logical channels don’t move to the other TRx somehow.

regards,

pix

but if the bcch doesn’t shift to another trx, then the cell is down.
    That’s ugly.

Are you thinking about another scenario ?

Ali

Hi,

Kindly let me know if this is necessary to not assign any SD in last TRX ?? and what about the Packet Data.. how we normally assign it to BCCH and Hopping TRX in 4/4/4 configuration ?? please help

Lemaure

Hi!

to avoid having CCH failures or drops it’s recommanded to have your SD channels on the BCCH assuming that you have a very clean BCCH plan

JAGGU

hI ALL WHAT IS THE BEST ASSIGNMENT OF bcch AND SDCCH IN 3:3:3 CONFIGURATION

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.