Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

IRAT HO from Ericsson 3G to ALU 2G (HR)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Amo

Hello Pix and others,

I’ve got some problems with IRAT HO rejection and drops. Is it true that it’s not possible to make HO from 3G(Ericsson) to 2G(HR TS) without any specific feature for Speech service?

Or does MGW(CN) have a responsibility for rate adaptation for this kind of HO?

It’s like “speech in 3G” CS 12kbps to “speech in 2G(Half rate)” 6kbps.

Reply will be greatly appreciated.
    Amo

pix

hi amo,

i’ve no experience about this, sorry.

i don’t see why the speech codec in the target cell have any importance… i would say that if there is a problem, then i would study the flow of message and see where is the blocking.

regards
    pix

Bhagirathi

Speech call HO from 3G to 2G (HR TS) is not possible in that case it will try for HO to other neighbouring 2G cells having free FR TS, if No FR TS iedentified then it will be drop.

Amo

Bhagirathi, are you sure it will drop if there is no FR TS to receive? Doesn’t MGW (core network) make the rate adaptation ? I really need some info about this.

Amo

VanG

Hi all,
    in our ALU netowrk we observe high HO_Inc_MSC_3G_2G_fail_radio(3G to 2G HO fails due to radio problems)…
    We reallocated the RNC from one MSSC to other, which is the same with MSSC served the ALU BSC’s.
    After that the number of fails are the same but radio fails are increased and BSS fail decreased.
    Is there anybody to know what can be the reasons for this radio fails and why after the RNC relocation the BSS fail becomes radio fail….
    I think that this radio fail are not related with Half rate usage because there are cells without Half rate but with high 3G2G_HO radio fails.
    What can be the reasons for 3G2G_HO radio fails?
    Thank you in advance !

>>rrb

VanG

Hi all,
    please give me idea how to improve the 3G(E) to 2G(Alu)HOSR?

pix

hi,

you can change the 2dEcNo and 2dRSCP thresholds, in order to leave the 3G earlier, with a better level.
    Also, you can modify the entry threholds used to filter the tarrget GSM cell.

Ensure the best GSM cells are defined as 3G2G neighbours.

Regards
    pix

VanG

Hi Pix,
    thank you for assistance.I’ll try and give you feedback…

Jen

Why after HO 3G to 2G was complete, call drop occurs ?? Please advise on this

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.