Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Ericsson (FR/HR) traffic dimensioning

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jason Gilmor

I am working on dimensioning. I seem to do fine when working with full rate but I fall short while doing our half rate stuff.

I have a Ericsson system, my test site has 2 TRX’s (16 FR-TS), 4 dedicated data (4 FR-TS), 1 BCCH(1 FR-TS ),1 Sdcch(1 FR-TS). This should leave me (20 HR-TS). So with the 20 HR-TS I should be able to handle 13.1 to 13.2 erlangs of traffic.

In reality it does not work like that. I am showing blocking at as low as 2.8 Erlangs. Even if this was running only FR, I should be able to handle about 5.1 Erlangs of traffic. We have had it up to 5.2 Erlangs with no blocking.

For starters is my calculations above correct? Also does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the use of the HR-TS, or why I might be blocking with such low usage.

Thanks
    Jason

pix

hi jason,

“We have had it up to 5.2 Erlangs with no blocking.”

–> what do you mean ?

Here it looks like only one TRX is working. Check your TCH occupancy per TRX (= BSS qos counters).

regards
    pix

Jason

Thanks for looking.

When specifying the Erlangs, I mean that is the total Erlangs carried over an hour. I ran hourly stats on the Erlangs.

My TCH occupancy is just a statistical formula it is not pulled from a counter. Is there a counter for this in Ericsson?

Thanks again for your assistance.
    Jason

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.