Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Roaming Location Update prob

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sheetanshu

Hi all,

The problem is that the roaming MS is able to update when served by a BTS but not when its being served by another, both being in same LA.
    Home subscribers have no problem updating when served by same BTS. Checked the SS7 trace, there is no request from the visting MSC to my MSC.
    Is it possible to have such selective LUs.

Thanks

Dimapl

Did you see location update request from the MS to the visiting MSC?

Sheetanshu

Hi dimapl,

The same question…is it possible the LU request is sent for home imsi and not for visiting imsi. I would feel something like this wouldnt happen. If request comes for a home imsi it wld come for visting imsi too.

prabhakar verma

pls check the defination with respect to other BTS and BSC as irrespective of the IMSI the Location update must reaches the switch.
    is the Location update specific to on call bases(hand-over from 1 msc to another for a roamer)or generally.??

Naveen.

Do you mean that the roaming MS gets updated by only selective BTSes? Please explain.

anboo

This looks like a wierd problem to me.. First I would check the BTS properties.. well even before that I would throughly study the signalling to see whether its a genuine failure by HPLMN.

Im sure its cannot be due to a BTS.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.