Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

LAPD vs LAPD oml fault

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    shadow

hey guys…..what is the difference between the lapd alarm in huawei and lapd oml fault and how to deal with it

finn

must be a loose E1 connection, i guess?

Mohamed Saad

LAPD-OML meant site not managed from NMC side and service affected, for example ” link between two sites down, site down power , loss in all E1s ..etc)

LAPD mean cell out of service ” service effected ” but site managed and monitored from NMC . for example ” some of E!s down,service boards shut down…etc”

shadow

thanks mohamed for answering,it was helpful but how can we deal wiyh these alarms..lets say E1 down?

Ajmal

Mr. Shadow,

in V3 GSM equipments the LAPD is working dynamic, when we have LAPD alarm it mean only one prat is affecting and when LAPD & OML is down it mean totally BTS is out of service.

Rasantha

there Can be happen to oml down will receiving is low .

shadow

thanks all

Agha

Hi Shadow
    OML Fault is generated when the OML is disconnected b/w BTS and BSC.Its a critical Alarm in Huawei.Although BTS reset automatically after 15 min if the issue persistent.u can also check these steps.
    1).The transmission line is faulty,
    2).The BTS has a power failure.
    3).The TRX of the BTS is faulty.

For any query, feel free to ask.

shadow

thanks agha , Ur answer was really helpful , but this will lead me to another question playing in my mind for a long time…. what is the root of any E1 in huawei after it reach to the BSC , i mean i can see link magazines like RTN620 in the BSC with E1 cables and i don’t know where these E1’s go into…there is also cabinets in the BSC which contain a large amount of E1 cables and the OSN which have fibers and converting fiber to E1 cables connected to those came from BSC cabinets or whatever , and also when the BSC is near the CO(central office) it connected to it somehow to reach the MSC ,, i don’t no exactly what is going on

Agha

Gud Day
    Well Shadow,we patch E1 cables just to link two different euipment.like we connect M/W PCM cable to BTS cable by patching in Kronea.and the same process we do in integration to reach to BSC from the Source Cell and than from BSC to MSC.No of E1 cables depends on sort of link(PDH/SDH)or more so there is a cabinet in the BSC to patch in Kronea.

Hope u understand.

ADESOJI

WHAT IS THE FULL MEANING OF OML AND LAPD.HOW CAN THESE ALARMS BE RESOLVE?

Jack

Hi Ades,OML is simply Operation and Maintenance Link thru which we at OMC can reach the BTS.Its a 16/64kpbs TS in the E1.When a BTS fails,(ie e1 is break) the OML also fails and we normally get an alarm ‘LAPD OML fault’.

LAPD is Link access protocol on the D link,a layer2 protocol,ensures error free Transmission.In the BTS normally TRX gets these alarms,straightaway check the e1 or for any loose connections in the BTS.if persists perform the ultimate mastersrtoke.

RESET. ;-D

nizam

hi all
    just want to ask im new in this ericsson , we r using FE as a transmission medium , our rnc detect alarm OML fault can any body help what is the problem

sam

What is BCCH missing?

Manu Mohan Das

What is meant by LAPD PAGING OVERLOAD? How to resolve???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.