Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Channel Elements

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rkb

Hi,
    What is channel element in 3G ?
    If I use only 1 frequency per cell, how many Channel Elements (CE) I can get in 3G?
    Can any one describes briefly pls?

Rkb

any 1 there to clear it pls?

Rkb

To my understanding CE means the Channelization Codes……..am I right???

Bijoy

Hi All
    CE represents the processing capability of the DSP hardware,Each RAB type loads the DSP differently; therefore, the number of channel elements representing each service depends on the allocated UL/DL bit rate. If there is not enough DSP capacity, represented by the channel elements for a new connection, the BTS blocks the new service.The user can control the number of CEs with a license, up to the limit supported by the hardware.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Rkb

thanks Bijoy.
    If I use only one UARFCN for one cell, how many channel elements can I get for this cell for Voice (12.2 kbps)?
    I means how to calculate the total number of Channel elements per cell for each service type?

Bijoy

Hi RKB
    CE depends on the DCH rate,for AMR voice it is 1 CE/connection.Add to it the CCCH usage(say 1 CE/CCCH),so for each AMR voice call you need at least 2 CE’s per connection.

Br\\
    Bijoy

sodik

CE is Channel Element, 1 CE = 16000 slot

Ater

Tipically you will need 256 CE (never more than 512) depending on the node b configuration (3 o 6 sectors) and the type of traffic that you are offering (speech, CS64, PS r99 or HSDPA). To support this you will need HW and SW licenses
    In general the limiting factor will be the uplink CEs (try to avoid R99 connections of PS128 and PS384 kbps as they consume a lot of CE in Uplink and channalization codes in downlink)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.