Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Activation TFO

• This topic has 16 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 13 years ago by Ian.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Pix

Ian,

Well, I can assure you I know the core details of how this algorithm is supposed to behave 🙂

quickly : TFO_OPT
    when a call is started in HR on both sides, then the TFO is enabled.
    MS a = HR
    MS b = HR

then MS b does a HO to a cell which can do EFR instead of HR.
    If KEEP CODEC HO = FREE, the MS be will be allowed to use EFR.
    If TFO OPT = Enable, the BSS will force the MS a to stop HR and use EFR, thanks to a cause 29 HO. That is a voice quality optimization. But it is a strong capacity degradation.

TFO OPT is not used during the call setup. It is used only after a HO. You understand that this parameter will not increase the TFO efficiency in your network.

When you enable TFO_OPT, you see a lot of cause 29, meaning that there is HR in your network.

The best idea is to do a drive test MS-to-MS call. Ensure that TFO is enabled for a standard MS to MS call
    (i’m not sure how you can detect that in TEMS, though… you’ll just hear better voice quality !)

Cheers
    pix

Ian

Hello Pix,

Ok now i understand how this is working. I’ll do a Drive as you recommand, but cant see TFO information, will try to see in Layer 3 message where we can get this.

Anyway on the stats, still using 90% of FR mostly all the time. I send a request to TAC asking why we are doing so many Intracell when TFO_OPT is ON.

So my last question and i saw some comments on this forum about this :

Does AMR and TFO compatible in ALU B10 ?

Should we activate these 2 features at the same time ?

Just like incompat features between IR and Resegmentation !

BR
    Ian

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.