Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

data test on handset

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ds

Hi experts,

i need to perform throughput,latency,ping, PDP context activation time on handset using different APNs.

can anyone tell me how can i perform this test and using which handset.

pix

Hi Ds,

I think you refer to E-GPRS technology, right ? Or is it 3G ? I recall 3G is using PDP contexts as well ? It should…

Anyway, to perform such test, you need either a drive-test mobile (such as TEMS or NEMO, google them), or any recent phone that you could use as a modem towards your computer.
    Your computer would be connected to internet through the wireless data connection (2G or 3G).

Then, from the PC, do some downloads and pings to your GGSN or near-by servers. And then dowloads and pings to internet servers….

Cheers
    Pix

Ds

Thanx Pix for the reply.
    i refer to EGPRS tech only.
    i need to give separate values through laptop and also through handset using different APNs.
    the method u told is for laptop values. but how can i get RTT, PDP, throughput on handset while browsing different websites like gmail,orkut.
    we are using Ericsson handset k790.

can u help me in that.

pix

DS,

for MS values, you need to have a specific software for that. If you were using android/iphone phones, i’m sure you could find such an app somewhere in their respective “markets”.

The other solution is to use a trace mobile (tems/nemo/agilent, etc), which will act as the end-receiver, but will forward all collection information to a computer. That’s the solution I recommend if you’re working for a telco company. every company has at least 1 trace MS.

Regards
    pix

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.