Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

NC2 ALU B10

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Dear All,

Anybody ever tried this feature NC2 for GPRS reselection in ALU B10 ?

BR
    Ian

pix

hi ian,

yes, of course… reselection and redirection, more rpecisely. The latter one being the most useful feature.

regards
    pix

Ian

Hi Pix,

Thanks for answer, just asking. The folks here told me they had tried this feature who did not give any satisfaction !

Wondering why, we are in B10, just discovering ALU and i’m going to make more tests.

Looks like there is 2 parameters only to activate this NC2 features,

Network_control_order=4
    Nc2_deactivation_mode=1

That’s it ?

Another question on Resegmentation and Incremental redundancy, i heard that these 2 features are incompatible ? better to active IR instead of Resegmentation but not the both ??

BR
    Ian

pix

ian,

I’d like to know where you are working… Can you email me this info there :
    pix_erlang (at) yahoo dot fr

well, nc2 is useful, of course, since it allows to distinguish cells that will handle packet traffic from cells that will carry voice traffic. As you know, there is a kind of repulsion between the two… It’s better to have clean and strong frequencies for packet, while voice can easily accomodate noisier environment, with more loaded cells.

Anyway, NC2 is rather complex to tune, the two parameters you wrote are the basic ones, but then you have a lot others to tune. Are you (and your colleagues) interested in a training about this topic ?

regarding IR and Resegmentation, you are right. Cehck out the parameter description, details are provided… I’ll copy/paste here tomorrow (or “sometime”, should i say 🙂 )

Regards
    pix

Ian

Hi Pix,

I emailed to you where i’m working.

As per the training, that would be nice but these guys are poor and i dont think they will afford a training. Would be nice if you can send me a document/template with NC2 parameter recomandations.

I saw a few things about it :

looks like they recommand :

en_IR_UL=1
    en_full_ir_dl=0
    en_resegmentation_ul=0

do you know any other parameters for making this thing works !

Thanks
    Ian

Ian

looks like ur mail not working, it bounced back

pix

hi ian,

try (at) yahoo dot com, sorry for the mistake….

regards
    pix

Pix

Ian, I got your email.

Your operator do buy trainings, once a year. Since these guys are (i guess) still in the same job as before, it means they got plenty of trainings over the last 7 years (or so) !

I’ll try to help about the NC2, next week…

have a good weekend,
    pix

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.