Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

ALU Counter P105 /NB_error_UL_Frame_MMFS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Hello Experts,

I have some BSC experiencing 4000 to 5000 P105 counters which are

P105 : Number of GCH frames badly received by the MFS (due to a bad CRC). Whenever the EGCH layer detects that a GCH frame has not been correctly decoded in the MFS (due a bad CRC).

Anybody already experienced this ?

BR
    Ian 

Pix

Lily did, and she just rebooted the whole MFS. And it worked. I hope you’ll have the same luck…

Ian

Thanks Pix,

We will try this and let you know….nothing is 100% sure with ALU, first time i work on this equipment and it is becoming a nightmare, i have already opened 10 tickets with TAC…never see that before with other vendors !

Pix

Hi Ian,

Maybe you are now in charge of a network that did not receive much attention before, or maybe you were not used to working on such a broad level in a network…
    I mean there are plenty of reasons for which you are seeing more tickets in this ALU network than in other networks 🙂 Not necessarily the fault of ALU…
    (but maybe yes…)
    I’m just trying to be objective here, to be fair, as we are in a public forum…

Regards
    Pix

Ian

Thank you for your comment and i think you are right, we are in a forum but we need to be realistic on whats happening; what i dont like is the vendor knows the “BUGS” and pretends they dont know…by the meantime we are working and breaking our head to find a solution when they just need to tell us: this is not working, we know, dont use this counter or…anything else but please let us know !

Lily

Hi, Ian!
    Hi, Pix!

Dear Ian, at first, I think you mean P103 counter – according to description you listed. P105a/b/c/d/e – counters related to TBF establishment failure due to congestion on Air/Abis/Ater etc (as far as I remember).
    You say that it is about 5000 per hour and you worry about it. I felt the same when I saw this counter for the first time 🙂 Just look at this value in percents – I’m guess that it isn’t so significant. In our situation we had up to 10000 bad frames per hour but it was only 0,03%. As our TAC said – until this indicator stay within 0,05% limit we have no reason to worry.
    But yes – once we saw that this counter increased three times for one BSC (GPU), then for two other, then – for several more GPUs. For some BSCs it coincided with an increase of TBF Drops due to BSS (I saw your thread about this problem too).
    As Pix said – the treatment was easy – to reboot the MFS. I can’t be sure that we didn’t have the same problem again, but next week I can clarify that.
    But still – I’m very interesting in physical nature of event that causes P103 increment. If you find out something about it I would be grateful if you share it here.

P.S. ia.,Alcatel has lots of advantages, so don’t be so sharp!

Beast Regards, Lily

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.