Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

basic question on Reselection

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Hello All,

I have a basic question in Reselection process :

Does the mobile take into account the BA list to reselect the Cells (or does it scann ALL the strongest BCCH) , meaning if i delete most of the cells that are in idle BA list, what will happend ? will i see any other neigbours in idle mode ?

Thanks
    Ian

pix

hi ian,

the MS in idle mode will “see” only the cells in the BA list. Deleting neighbours from the BA list will prevent possible reselections to these neighbours.
    MS cannot do reselection to a cell which is not in the BA list.
    Only when the network is “out of coverage” will it scan ALL the BCCH.

Regards
    pix

IAN

Hello Pix,

This is what i was guessing but we did some test with ALU here and suppress a cell in the reslection List, the cell is still in the list and it still reselects it !

Wondering whats going on, and we suppressed it both ways !

BR
    Yann

pix

maybe an identical BCCH is still in the list. Since a neighbour cell is known only by its BCCH (from MS point of view), you should remove all cells with same BCCH from the BA list as well.

regards
    pix

Ian

Hi Pix,

We make sure as well on that one that no other neigbhors would have the same BCCH, but still i do not understand whats going on, we’ll try again another test maybe by removing ALL neighbors and see whats happening.

BR
    Ian

Pix

Hi Ian,

If the BCCH is not in the BA List, there is NO WAY the MS can reselect this cell.
    During a call, can this MS performs a HO to that cell as well ?

Is your MS a TEMS MS ? I’ve noiced some “smart-a$$” behaviour from TEMS sometimes 🙂

Regards
    pix

Ian

Hi Pix,

We did suppress the cells on HO&Reselect so both have been suppressed.

We are using nemo and thats excactly what i was wondering if Nemo might be smarty and reselect/HO tothe cell, i’ll try with another phone and see whats happening.

BR
    Ian

Pix

Maybe it is a software problem in the BSS… When you deleted this adjacency, it should not be seen in the SI5 and SI2 messages.
    Those can be seen in the Layer-3 messages from your NEMO. When looking at those SI messages, do you still see the BCCH frequency of the neighbour ?

If yes : then the BSS software is not working properly.
    If no : then NEMO is smarty.

Regards
    pix

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.