Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

TFO/TRFO in GSM

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bob

Hi

Dose anyone have experience of implementing of TFO/TRFO in GSM ? how do they improve/Save the Digital Proceeding (DSP)Recourses in MGW?
    This feature enable TFO/TRFO in GSM over TDM.

pix

Hi Bob,

It should be your Transcoder that handles the DSP of your GSM network. Is your TC integrated in your MGW ?

If it is, then yes, the TFO (more than the TrFO) should decrease the DSP load of your MGW. But this certainly depends on product spec of your MGW.

cheers
    pix

Bob

Actually AMR-FR-HR in transcoder changes to PCM , in MGW PCM is changed to AMR(Compressed) and again in destination MGW, AMR backs to PCM and then in Transoder changes to one of the Codecs.
    Now if A call use AMR codec the transcoder of B should use AMR too.

TC (AMR+TFO)–>MGW(AMR)–>MGW2(AMR+TFO)–>TC(AMR)–>Radio

so as can been seen , quality will be increased in addition some TC can be saved as well. i think changing PCM to AMR needs more resources in comparison with (AMR+TFO) to AMR in MGW

Bob

GSM with TFO+TrFO
    OoBTC in BICC, This feature requires support for GSM in the layered architecture and applies to ATM and IP based packet switched core networks and provides End-to-end free transcoding for GSM to GSM calls and coded speech on Core Network
    This is what Ericsson has Suggested, as a TFO/TRFo.
    But I have heard this issue can not be implemented in 2G.
    What do you think?
    Thanks

sasa

Hi

I wonder that if TrFO is active for “UMTS only” or “Dual system”, PCMA could be use both of Iu and Nb’ interfaces?

sasa

Hi all,

Do you know any SIP Softphone having TrFO capability?

Nguyễn Lượng

can you give me the document for AFO and 7.95 code rate.

Nora

We have Huawei core and Ericsson radio , does ericsoon support TrFo . Now we want to have reassignment as prerequisite of TrFo but our radio team mentioned that Ericsson is not supporting reassignment especially when A party codec and B party Codec have difference on AMR NB codec (e.x . A party codecs is 12.2 , 7.4, 5,9 and 4.75 ) and B party codec is just 12.2 in this scenario they mentioned that Ericsson RNC can’t differentiate the codecs and reassignment will not be accepted .

would you please help if it is correct ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.