Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

ALU Paging on MFS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Dear Experts,

I would like to check paging on the Network, is any expert can tell me what are the most reliable counters i should check in the MFS ?

We noticed a lot of Paging failures at Busy Hour and undelivered SMS, i would like to check if LAC are not overdimensionned for the Paging requests.

Thanks
    Ian

pix

hello,

MFS ? or do you mean MSC ?

Check the counters MC92xxx in each cell of the LAC, you’ll find useful information.

If you have any questions, let me know…
    pix

Ian

Hi Pix,

Talking about MFS.(GPRS/EDGE) for ALCATEL

Sorry, can’t find anything on Paging counters within MC92xx reference;

I’m trying to find out some counters to know if in case the LAC are overdimensionned, it could generate congestion during Busy Hour, i know some counters can be analysed wihin MFS but cant remember wich one. (access Grant and nbr of Paging)

Thanks
    Ian

pix

ian,

but i don’t understand why your MFS should be used to count the number of pagings.. are you using B9, B10 or B11 ?

if B10 : are you using Gs interface ? (NMO I)

if B9 : then it is normal you don’t see MC92xx or MC93xx, they are new in B10

in B10, check out the MC8x, but they are not precise at all.

in MFS, you can count the PS PAGING, not the CS PAGING.
    Are you using SMS over GPRS ??

Regards
    pix

pix

in MFS:
    GPRS_PS_Paging_Request = P53a
    GPRS_GPU_PS_paging_request = P391a
    GPRS_GPU_CS_paging_request = P391b (with Gs interface)
    GPRS_CS_Paging_Request_in_PS = P53b

in BSC, B10 counters:
    MC930
    MC925x

in B9:
    CCCH_GPRS_PCH_imm_assign_cmd = MC805b
    CCCH_PCH = MC8a

Ian

Dear Pix,

Thanks, we are using Gs with B10; P53b is empty which seems to be normal.

I found C8a (and P53a for PS) for PS+CS wich gives about 40.000 paging/hour for every cell of the LAC.

When you look on BSC level, i get over 3 Millions Paging/hour ! counter is CCCH_PCH (CCPGRQN)

Dont know if i’m looking at the right one, if you could help

Thanks
    Ian

pix

ian,

if you are using the Gs interface, the P53b should not be empty !! That is the whole purpose of the Gs interface…

anyway, in B10, you have access to the MC925a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h… and MC930. Have a look.

What you see at BSC level is the SUM of the pagings of all cells in the BSC. In other words, those are pagings sent on all Abis interfaces.
    It does not reflect the number of pagings RECEIVED on A interface, which is what matters. If there are 300 cells in BSC, and 2 LACs (LAC 1 and LAC 2), then everytime the BSC receives one paging for LAC1 and one paging for LAC2, it sends 300 pagings towards the cells.

2 pagings received by the BSC = 300 pagings sent by BSC = 1 paging received by each cell in the LAC.

Regards
    pix

Ian

Hi Pix,

Tahnks for details, i’ll have a look; as per P53b empty, do you know any reason for this, what type of investigation i should run to know why the counter is empty and if there is no malfunction; we have been reported from client that some paging are lost in the Network and SMS as well.

BR
    Yann

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.