Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Downtime Calculation in ZTE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    NK

Dear All,

Is there any method to calculate cell downtime in ZTE? Thank you in advance.

NK

Tanuj

go to report management take out query for the site or sites and take “cell break alarm” as the parameter and generate the report it gives the start and resume time just subtract them in excel and you get the cell downtime.

you can also do this from the zte alatrm database by logging in the omcr and sqlplus, then execute query by using the alarm code

NK

Dear Tanuj,

Thanks for suggestion. Does “Cell Break Alarm” in ZTE takes into account down due to problem in RU, Abis link down, down due to power problem etc?

NK

Hi! Tanuj,

Does “Cell Break Alarm” is same as “Cell Interupption Alarm”?

Tanuj

Hi NK

for iBSC ie V3 BSC’s its “Cell Interupption Alarm”, both are the same only in V2 it was called that.

Regards
    Tanuj

Tanuj

Hi NK

Cell Interupption Alarm takes into account all those states be it any infra or telecom problem, when ABIS is down you will get this same alarm on report generation along with :site lapd/abis link broken”

Regards
    Tanuj

NK

Hi! Tanuj,

In some cells, we are getting zero traffic but we do not find any “cell Interruption alarm”. What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Tanuj

Hi NK↲Zero traffic doesnt always necessarily mean that the bell was down or site was down. Please check if there is ‘site lapd abis link broken’ Alarm flicking on that whole site. If you can tell me about the history alarms for the time when there was no traffic on the cell that would be helpful. In our network we faced something similar to this and on entire analysis we found there were slips on the e1 and there was no cell break as the slips were of very short duration. Please check and revert.↲Regards↲Tanuj

NK

Dear Tanuj,

Sorry for late reply. We have checked but we do not have such alarm. We have “LAPD JAM ALARM” and “Site Abis Controlled Link Broken”.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
    Nirendra KC

Tanuj

Hi NK
    That is the same alarm that we faced in such cells, get the media checked there are flicks/slips on it, you must be facing customer complaints on such sites it due to these flicks and the lapd jam can be resolved by shifting the RRM of the site change E1 to different module and the problem will be solved. Reply after doing these changes from OMCR.

NK

Hi! Tanuj,

I mean we have checked that alarm is available or not. But could not find that alarm. You mean to check those cells which has zero trafffic might have different alarm???

Thank in advance.

Tanuj

Hi NK Yes please check the history alarm on cells having 0 traffic and tell me

Tanuj

Hi NK

“LAPD JAM ALARM” – Change Module of site.

“Site Abis Controlled Link Broken”. – Check media and E1 for flicks.

Suzi

Hi Tanuj,

1.Is there any Counter in V3 which gives Cell Out of Service pegging?

2.I need some ZTE RF expert.Can you help me on ZTE for RF concerns..

Tanuj

Hi Suzi i am sorry but i cant help much about counters as i dont work on counters in our ZTE Network i can help you on RF Problems though

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.