Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Uplink TBF & Downlink TBF

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    George

Number of Uplink TBF Establishment Attempts: 1799
    Number of Downlink TBF Establsihment Attempts: 1507

I think Uplink attempts should be more and Downlink Attempts should be very less. When I want to attempt to any Web Site I use UL TBF. When I need DL TBF?

Could you give more information in which service request we use DL and UL?

Thanks a lot

pix

to access a website, you need UL TBF to send the request
    but to download the webpage, you need a DL TBF ! 🙂

George

Thanks a lot Pix, I’m new in GPRS system. Could you give more information for the following questions:

1. Is there any value for TBF?
    2. Why do we use TFI if we already have TBF?
    3. Is TFI cell parameter and changeable?
    4. If I want to know the downloaded/uploaded traffic in a cell. To which counter should I look at?
    5. If I want to know the average DL/UL speed. To which KPI should I look at: RLC throughput or LLC throughput?

Thanks a lot in advance.

pix

1. Is there any value for TBF?
    _ no, a tbf is the list of timeslot “pdch” that the MS can use in one direction.

_ to identify the TBF that this MS uses compared to other MS in the same TRX. It is just a logical identifier.

3. Is TFI cell parameter and changeable?
    _ no, it is dynamically allocated by the MFS. It doesn’t mean anything to us, mere mortals.

4. If I want to know the downloaded/uploaded traffic in a cell. To which counter should I look at?
    _ indicators are vendor dependant. in ALU, you can check the RLC throughput per cell.

5. If I want to know the average DL/UL speed. To which KPI should I look at: RLC throughput or LLC throughput?
    _ LLC throughput per TBF = throughput from user point of view. If you don’t have it, then you can use the useful RLC throughput per TBF. It is almost as precise.
    You can also check the usage of MCS per TBF, that gives a good indication too.

Regards
    pix

George

Thanks again, Pix.

_ to identify the TBF that this MS uses compared to other MS in the same TRX. It is just a logical identifier.

So I understood like that: TBF is just logical connection between MS & BSS during data transfer and TFI is a identifier of each logical connection (TBF). If it is correct, please give you opinion.

Does one TFI belong to one MS during data transfer in the same cell/TRX? Or in the same time multiple MSs can use same TFIs?

Thanks in advance

pix

george,

each MS in a transfer is using one unique TFI in the TRX, in one direction.

For example, on TRX1:
    TFI=1 is the UL TBF of MS2 and corresponds to the TS n°2 and n°3
    TFI=2 is the UL TBF of MS3 and corresponds to the TS n°2
    TFI=3 is the UL TBF of MS4 and corresponds to the TS n°2 & n°3
    etc…

in DL
    TFI=1 is the DL TBF of MS5 and corresponds to the TS n°1, 2 & 3
    TFI=2 is the UL TBF of MS2 and corresponds to the TS n°2, 3, 4
    TFI=3 is the UL TBF of MS6 and corresponds to the TS n°1, 2, 3
    etc…

When the TBF is released (no more data to transmit -for ul tbf- or receive -for DL tbf-), the TFI can be reallocated to another MS.

Cheers
    pix

SRK

Hi Pix i have been reading your answers in this post for last so many months and could say in a nutshell that you are the best in business .Plz continue your dissemination of knowledge which helps each one of us in our work front.Thanks .

Pix

SRK,

And guess what, no I’m also learning LTE ! Soon I’ll be disseminating infectious LTE tips 🙂

Thanks for the compliment by the way, i appreciate it 🙂

Cheers
    pix

az

Hi Pix.
    thanks For your good Infotmation About Mobile Network. Im new in Huawei GSM Optimization. Please Send Me More document about that if you can.
    Tx.

da

please tell me what is this number in huawei : NCS412C

Akn

Hi all,
    Can anyone explain this HUAWEI counter ?

“A334:Number of Failures to Decode the Code Streams on the RACH(none)”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.