Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

MAIO and HSN usage

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Saheed

Dear all,
    I am a drive test guy working with a telecom company in Nigeria, pls I will really appreciate if anybody can give me detail explanation on how MAIO and HSN work, also I want to know how to know which of the trx one while one is using while on a call in a network running on SFH, before we were using grouped frequency and we know the trx one is using with allocated ARFCN.

pix

Hi Saheed,

During drive test, you can identify the trx on which you are doing the call thanks to the MAIO. Each trx of the cell has a unique MAIO.

only exception : If the hopping mode is “synthetized freq hopping”, and if the call is on the TRX1 (bcch), then you will see a fixed frequency on this TRX. Indeed, the trx1 is not hopping in case of synthetized frequency hopping.
    In case of baseband hopping (bbh), the trx1 is hopping like any other trx.

For detailed explanation about hopping, hsn, maio, etc, please use the search function.

Regards,
    pix

navc

Antenna hopping comes under which mode synthesised or baseband

pix

hello,

antenna hopping is independant from the frequency hopping mode. It works with bbh and sfh, and nh as well.

regards
    pix

Brother

by the way the first question of a new dt guy is most of the time hsn and maio

Sreni,

MAIO is the numbr which tels from which freq. From give MA(Mobile allocation) list for sector hoping has to be startd..eg: 0 means it wil start with first freq. To hop
    and HSN tells the sequence in which the frequencies from MA list are allowed to hop (0 to 63) 0 for cyclic hoping nd 1 to 63 for random hoping…
    Regards.

Happy

Hi,

So its mean MAIO will not use in case of BBH use..

Thanks

pix

hi,

MAIO could be used if the system allows it (i think ALU allows it) but is not useful. It doesn’t serve any purpose.

(unless you are using a synchronized network, but that has never been done before AFAIK, the feature is too recent)

Regards
    pix

Happy

Hi Pix,

Thank You its mean in BBH MAIO or HSN values will not affect.

How could i know whether the network are synchronized.

Regards
    Happy

Bijoy

!!!!!!!!

pix

hi,

yes, no effect of maio and hsn in case of BBH

bijoy -> i can do better : !!!!!!

Bijoy

Well Pix
    If you insist,let me explain.

In BBH,two Hopping groups has to be defined with two different HSNs for a cell with BBH.All radio time slots (RTSL-0), except the BCCH time slot, on the BTS belong to Group 1,rest all RTSL belong to Group 2 .Also,MAIOs has to be different between same RTSLs in the same hopping Group.

This is as per Ericsson,Nokia & Huawei Standards.

Br\\
    Bijoy

pix

bijoy,

I’m glad I insisted ! I totally forgot about this.

Let me say it so I won’t ever forget it again :
    In BBH, MAIO’s are used to avoid intracell interferences.

Thx guru 😉

Pix

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.