Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Drop due to Uplink Quality – ALU

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Paul

Dear All,

Is there anybody know how to reduce high TCH Drop due to low UL quality?

I’ve tried to enable DTX, but no improvement. What parameter should I change in ALU except downtilt the antenna?

Thanks

ALU

Dear Paul,
    From my personal experience, normally when a cell is overshooting then we have UL Quality drops as UL is weaker due to lower transmit power.So, like you have said yourself…its better that you check its timing advance from stats and DT and try downtilting the cell 🙂

AliAsgher

Dear Paul,

Can you kindly check if the cell has got uplink interference too?

Regards

Suzane

Hi,

In ALU Drops description,We face most of the drops due to UL Level & DL Level and also in DL Quality..

Can you give some Idea & steps how to resolve those UL & DL Drops, and what on parameter level can be done

Zven

Hi,

– First try to change BCCH frequency;
    – Downtilt antenna;
    – Install TMA;

BR

Zven

At parameter level, you can also:
    decrease the L_RxQual_UL_H threshold, so the UE can leave the cell (with HO) earlier when ul quality is still good, and avoid drop

Purusharth Verma

Hi Zaven,

I dont think that early ULqual based HO will resolve the issue.
    It might trigger excessive HO(s) as he already has UL qual so more number of conn will fall in HO condition then & since we are not able to see the qual of the target cell while HO happens, usually we get a chip in dl qual when ho happens till pc brings the situation under control and lot of calls are open to risk of drop due to ho.
    I will not recomend ul qual threshold increasing ( if already its not tooooooo low) try keeping it at -90 to -92 (this is good tuning).
    Check:
    -freq planning
    -ul/dl imbalance
    -poor coverage locations (huge number of DL level ho %age indicate to the same)
    -check if high sd usage is there-check reason (lu,sms,call,detach attach) rach offset value in ur n/w, rach retans times in netw/cell(s), etc

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.