Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Different SI2 and SI5

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Si2/5

HI,
    I have a question what will happen if I define one cell to whom all naighour definitions are SI5 but without SI2 (cell is allowed for HO but no reselections). Now MS performs an HO to this cell and ends call there. Will it camp on this cell or based on stored SI2 will perform an immediate cellreselection back to strongest cell?

pix

hi,

Acall release, the MS camps on the current serving cell. So whether there was HO or not before, it doesn’t matter : the current cell is the serving cell.
    Based on reselection parameters, the MS will decide to stay in that cell or not : the MS is only looking at the SI2 list from the current serving cell.

regards
    pix

Si2/5

hi,
    But if this cell is in state Barred? After call released MS will perform cell reselection based on what list? SI2 received from current cell, SI2 stored from previous cell or SI5 received from current cell?

pix

hi,
    ms will reselect a cell based on current serving SI2.

why didn’t you say the cell was barred in the first place ?

Si2/5

Hi,
    I didn’t say it because I haven’t thougth about it then yet 🙂 It’s all, at the moment, is only in my head, not in network.
    Regading reselection – Does MS really needs to listen and store SI2 in dedicated mode? I allways thougth that SI5 for MS in dedicated mode is enougth and it’s starts to listen to SI2 only after call release.
    Also in this situation MS must allready know where to reselect because after moving to idle state it’s must immediatelly reselect after receiving first SI containing info that Cell is barred. Please coorect me if I am wrong.
    Maybe you can tell me GSM specs where I could find it?

pix

well, when the ms is in dedicated mode, it gets all the SI msg on the SACCH. At call release, it already knows what are the neighbours in dedicated mode (si5) and in idle mode (si2), and the fact that the cell is barred : all this was sent during the call, on the sacch.

Regarding the 3GPP… good luck 🙂
    Look in series 4x
    – for doc titles with “idle mode”
    (there are 2 of them, one about “non access stratum”)
    and also
    – for doc titles with “multiplexing”
    and also
    – “link control”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.