Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Layer Ho

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Faares

Dear all , i want to know as we know the layer HO is important 4 dual band network,
    the question is , can Layer HO performed between cells of different band ,same layer and different priority .

thank you in advance

Bijoy

Hi Faares
    When bands are assigned layers, the layers have to belong to bands in an ascending order,i.e, each layer can belong to only one band.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Faares

HI Bijoy
    thanks for the reply , what i want to know is, in our network the 900 band cells are in layer 3 priority 2 and 1800 band cells in layer 3 priority 1
    , so under this condition is it possible to have a Layer handover between 900 to 1800 cells (when the layer HO threshold + the inter layer HO hysteresis equal or less then the neighbor cell Rxleve.)

Thanks

Eagle

Hi Faares.
    Layer HO depends only from the layer. dosent mater what priority have the TRX of the different layers.

Faarer

Eagle
    so in my case it is two different bands in same layer but diffse priority (as i mentioned before.) do you mean there will be no hand overs at this case.

Eagle

Yes there will not be layer HO but other HO like BQ, Interference… can be performed

Faares

thanks for your information ,

Eagle

What will happen in the following example(huawei equip.) if we increase hysteresis?

Actual Inter-layer HO Threshold of a serving cell = configured Inter-layer HO Threshold – Inter-layer HO Hysteresis

Actual Inter-layer HO Threshold of an adjacent cell = configured Inter-layer HO Threshold + Inter-layer HO Hysteresis of an adjacent cell – 64.

Exmp:Hysteresis = 3
    25 – 3 = 22(-88dB) for serving cell
    25 + 67 – 64 = 28(-82dB) for the adjacent cell

Exmp:Hysteresis = 5
    25 – 5 = 20(-90dBm) for serving cell
    25 + 67 – 64 = 28(-82dB) for the adjacent cell

goner700

Hi all,
    I can’t seem to grasp the concept of Inter-layer HO Threshold. Is it really to control HO of outdoor to indoor cells? Kindly asking for your help. Thank you very much in advance.

LEMAURE

Hello goner700!
    Layer HO helps to keep or prioritize traffic on a given layer. This may be in particular the case with outdoor and indoor environment if there are not in the same layer.

goner700

Thanks for your response LEMAURE.
    Have you used Layer HO parameter before? If so, on what cases?
    Thank you very much.

mathias

Hi expects, kindly help me with the understanding of how Inter layer HO threshold works.

Question 1: does Inter layer HO threshold work with handover from only higher to lower layer. i.e (layer 3 to layer 2? )or it works with handover from any direction?

Question 2:will Inter layer HO threshold work with different layers but the same priorities? or it only works when the layers are different and the priorities are also different?

Please kindly help me becos am confused.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.