Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Intra cell HO

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Eagle

Hi

Has anyone tried intra cell HO?
    Any opinion on this topic

Bijoy

Good Thing,DL Rx qual will improve

BHT

Hi Eagle,
    Its a good thing.But keep in mind that the band you are using is not interfered due to external source.I have seen some operators having external interferenc and while enabling intra cell handover there are excessive intracell HO’s take place.

Nilo

hi Eagle
    i have tried it in Huawei BSC32 but no thing appear

pix

hi,

intracell ho = ho due to interference, with target cell = serving cell ??
    because there are many other kind of intracell ho (amr codec adapt, tfo, PS vs CS, inner vs outer zone)

if you are talking about intracell HO for interference, then activate it only on cells without frequency hopping. If FH is activated, each TX is as much interfered as the others, so there is no need to HO to another TRX.

regards
    pix

Bijoy

Hi Pix
    Only One point to add

Intracell HO can also take place between BCCH & Non-BCCH TRX.So,we will have some benefit in case of FH also.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Mania

Hi,
    From my observation since you would have at least two different set of frequencies in your outer zone so, it definately helps to have Intracell ho enabled, but normally only helpful when the only one frequency is effected due to some dedicated link using a particular GSM frequency. GSM Jammers available in the MArket interfere all the frequencies there its of no use. Also helpful in faulty hardware condition. as recovery of call is possible. as It does intra cell HO when a TS experiences interference…

Eagle

Thnx to everyone for sharing their ideas.

As far as i know if intracell HO is not activated AMR Full to Half or Half to full canot work. Not shure about Noral Full to half and viceversa.

Iv seen that BCCH TRX has more output power than other TRX, is this a hardware problem or is normal?
    And if a call makes handover to the other TRX with less power the service will be affected(both TRX are configured with 60W on BTS)

MF

Dear Eagle,
    If DLPC (Downlink power control) is used in the cell, there is no issue to perform HO from BCCH TRX to Non BCCH TRX and the dicision from the network side will be better than being in BCCH TRX, if it was need to increase the power to the same level as bcch trx it will do it, if there was good radio environment and was no need to increase the power so the call will be continued in less power and the connection gets better quality than being in BCCH TRX

Gsm

Intra cell HO is not aplyed in a network wich use FH.

Eagle

I know Gsm

Im planning a test city to remove FH.
    Im stuck at freq re planning.
    help is appreciated.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.