Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

filter length in eric and power comtrol

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bunty

Hi bijoy,pix

buddy in eric filter length for signal and quality are sslensi,sslensd,qlensi,qlensd and there respective values are 4,10,4,10 sacch period so i want to know means after taking 4 sacch period bsc will take handover decesion on basis of signal strength and same for quality which is 10 sacch so is this right?…
    so i f i am right then so my question is like by decresing this sacch period can i make decision fast?

and buddy second question related to this locating is power control in power control sslenul,sslendl,qlendl,qlenul is 3 sacch period .

so if i will make locating period short means 3 sacch period will affect my power control?

plz bros share ur knowledge and help me to come out this confusion?

bunty

Hi buddies,

can u plz help?

Bijoy

Hi Bunty
    As per your data,SSLENSI & QLENSI have same values & so does SSLENSD & QLENSD,so where is the confusion ?
    SSLENSI & QLENSI is the filter for signalling mode & SSLENSD & QLENSD is the filter for speech/data mode.

Yes,by decresing these filters,the locating decisions will be faster.

Dont get confused by locating & power control filters,they work separately.By decresing the power control filters,you can fasten up the power control decision process.

Br\\
    Bijoy

suresh

Hi bijoy,bunty

by tunnig this filter length to make small like from 10 to 6 sachh can make my ho sucess and tch completion improved or not?because here making decision fast?

sudhansu

Hi bijoy ,bunty,suresh

i am working on huawei and here we have filter length for locating signaling-5,speech-5 and filter length for power control in dl qualityand rx level is 6 and for ul rx level and quality is also 6 sachh so my confusion is here beforew making power control there will be handover?

am i right buddies?

and can bijoy u help to know abt what is filtera,b,c,d…. is this are important?

sudhansu

Hi guys ,

waiting for reply plz help here we have (locating para) filter length for tch level and tch quality is 6 sacch frame and

(for power control) filter legth for amr dl quality ,dl rx level same for ul is 5 sachh frame.

so question is if i want to make locating fast by reducing sacch from 6 to 4 will make my locating fas am i right? and will it help me to improve kpi like tch drop , ho sucess?

and another confussion is by doing this my power control will remain in picture because here for its 5 sacch ?

plz help…

Bijoy

Hi Sudanshu
    Obviously,whichever criteria fulfills first,that thing will happen first.

Faster the decisions,more is the probability that it will be erroneous.Its better to stick to the recommended values

Br\\
    Bijoy

suresh

Hi bijoy,

but will it help to imrove ho sucess or tch drop?

suresh

Hi bijoy,

waiting for ur reply

Bijoy

Hi Suresh
    I’ll advise to stick to the recommended values,but you can try & observe the impact by yourself.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.