Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SDCCH DROPS

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    zealot

Hi Patrick,
    If you want the MS to stay in poor coverage then increase cellreselection offset.
    c2=c1 +cresoff. and then incerease the RXLEVMIN from the cell (poor coverage) to neighbor cell (good coverage). Also from the cell (good coverage)you need to adjust handover parameters in order to balance the coverage area.

andri

yes, we can increase cresoff value, so it will give offset to C2. We can also increse margin HO to neighbors, so it will make hard HO to its neighbor cells. My question is, why we keep on poor coverage??

Mokhtar

Hi All,

In our network we are using Siemens equipment(BSS) And huawei switch (NSS. The problem that I am encountering is related to SDCCH drop in the borders of the contry. your support is highly needed to solve this problem

Meguenni

Plz check your log files .

pix

mokhtar,

it’s probably interference with neighbor country’s BTS. you can check this with drivetests or qos statistics (high rate of ho due to quality & interference)

regards,
    pix

Mokhtar

Hi Pix

thanks lot for your replay but i inform you that many frequencie change are done but no result.

there is no problem of location update reject of the roomers in the borders?

there is no problem of NSS part.

pix

hi,

location update reject is not a sdcch drop, unless there is a problem with your NSS. You see, the location update is not acknowledged, but the radio link itself was established and released succesfully.

To clear the matter:
    1/ during drivetest or with qos statistics, do you see good or poor radio conditions (call drop rate, ho quality, ho interference, AMR usage, radiolink timeout “S” counter, etc.)

if yes -> interference. Activate “SFH” 1×1, put almost all your frequency band onto those TRXs, and locate your SDCCH timeslots on “non-bcch” TRX.
    Check also that your NCC (network colour code) is not the same as your neighbor country.

if no -> then it might be a signalling problem (even though it’s not logical…)

Do you have possibility to do an A-interface trace or Abis interface on those cells ? You will see if there is a problem during this signalling phase.

Regards,
    pix

SAM

hi all,

when there is high SD drop then it is due to hardware problem only, whereas if the SD drop is low then it is related to RF.
    EG: if SD drop is 25% then hardware problem and if SD drop is 5% then RF problem

e

hi all! In our network, Nokia…
    When there isa drop we check for interference, frquency,and alarms. We also check TRX quality. When TCH drop reaches to a 10+ we request field people to check branching table.Hope it helps

Johnson Crew

e,

I work with Ericsson equipment. Please what do you mean by branching table and TRX quality?

Nitin Kumar Chamaria

Plz tell me what are the major reason for SDCCH and TCH drops?

can we convert SDCCH time slots in to TCH time slots?

Pix

Nitin,
    1/ hardware problems ,coverage or interference

2/ Yes, depending on vendor features (SDCCH dynamic)

optmiser

Mokhtar, you could get a sim card of the foreign operators and try doing a drive test to detect of there are any of them usinf the same frequency band, the frequencies used and also their penetration into you country. We had the same problem and changed frequencies, it did not work.

after doing a scan we discovered that the other operator was using the same band like us but with SFH!!!

Patrick

can you tell me the difference betwen location update reject and SDCCH drop

Dileep Kumar Upadhyay

Hi i am working with Ericsson Equipment (BSS,NSS)here we are facing high SDCCH&TCH Drop How can we reduce it.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.