Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Power Control does not work at BCCH

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Mak

Please elabrote Power control works on BCCH or Not?

Huawei – Man

Power Control is for Non-BCCH TRXs, not for BCCH TRX. BCCH is control channel, its serving can’t be limited by PC.

Mak

Yeah, its ok. If you have check any log file you will found the 2 different Rx levels of a particular cell. The First one Rx Level is some degraed than the 2nd one signal strenght.

Fresh Opt

Hi,
    what’s the role of parameter PWRC in ALU. It’s disabled by default, should we enable that. And, what’s the difference between PWRC and EN_BS_PC.
    Regards,
    Fresh Opt

Huawei – Man

Mak,

You can see 2 different RxLevel on the same cell, only on the following cases:

MS1 is in Idle Mode (it is BCCH RxLevel which PC is not used)

MS2 is in dedicated Mode (it is Non-BCCH TRX RxLevel which PC is used)

Note:
    PC is used for reduce UL/DL Interference, to save BTS/MS battery life etc.

Mak

I have seen the different RX level of a cell at the same time and same MS in dedicated mode only.

Rex

Hi Mak,
    it happens when DTX is activated. With DTX on RxLev_Full is different with RxLev_Sub. With DTX off they are equal.
    Regards,
    Rex.

pix

fresh opt,

pwrc is used to remove the samples of DL RXLEV measured while the TS is hpoping on the BCCH frequency.
    This is only useful if cell is BBH.
    ex:
    the ms is on trx3, ts2.
    there are 3 trx in the cell.
    the cell is hopping on 3 frequencies (that’s bbh !)

everytime the trx3/ts2 is hopping on frequency 1 (rather than f2 or f3), then the rxlev is high (becauser there is no dl pc on the DL for the f1)

to avoid getting a crazy average (f1 good, f2 and f3 low because of dl pc), then you should use PWRC.

regards
    pix

Huawei – Man

I agree with Mex, except one thing.
    When DTX is activated, there can be difference.

But without enabling DTX, MSs can have different RxLevel also in dedicated mode when PC is enabled.

Note:
    DTX-it is not a changeable feature, you can enable or disable. It is used only in silent call (uplink or downlink).

PC-there are many parameters in PC to change. PC is used according to RxQuality, RxLevel. And you can change their thresholds.

Huawei – Man

Sorry, Rex. I mentioned mistake your name

Fresh Opt

Thanks Pix, now is clear.
    Regards,
    Fresh Opt

Rex

Hi Huawei-Man,
    No problem. I thought that Mak said there is only one MS in dedicated mode and seen different RxLevel at the same time. As I understood 2 different levels (Full and Sub) in the same time and thought maybe DTX is activated. Did you mean without DTX, RxLevel_Full is different with RxLevel_Sub?
    Best Regards,
    Rex

Huawei – Man

Hi Rex,

I mean: two different mobiles can have different RxLevel if one of them is in Dedicated Mode and second one is in Idle Mode. I’m talking about Power Control. In this case doesn’t matter DTX is enabled or not.

We can take into account DTX for the same Mobile. When you have silent call you should look at RxLevel_Sub, when you have bi-directional active conversation you should look at Rxlevel_Full.

DTX is enabled: RxLevel_Sub
    DTX isn’t enabled: Rxlevel_Full

Is it clear what I mean 🙂 ?

Huawei – Man

As well,

If both Mobile Phones are in Dedicated Mode when Power Control is enabled:

MS1 is in BCCH TRX (PC will not work)

MS2 is in Non-BCCH TRX (PC will work)

Mak

Hi Experts,

Yes I am talking about the same MS is having the different Rx Level. If you See the Serving and Neighbors window in the drive test tool. Like the below example.

Cell Name BCCH BSIC Rx Level
    Cell1 121 47 -85
    Cell1 121 47 -65

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.