Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RX Quality Issue

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Arvind

I got 1 issue in GSM site…

In this site particular sector facing RX Quality issue.There is no nearby neighbour sites for 5km facing this sector..
    I have tried these steps
    1.Tilt given
    2.No hardware issues
    3.No VSWR
    4.Checked with Swapping TRX
    5.No Cable swap.
    6.With Reference to TA report tilt given

What can be done after this?Pls Suggest….

Lex

Have you checked the interference report?
    Which vendor?

jaihu

for such an isolated site u can go for

-of course look for interference sources thoroughly,
    -increase coverage by increasing power
    -check the buildings in front of this sector
    -if high buildings exist, and power increase doesn’t help then, change of the site location might help

Mania

When you say RXQuality issue, do you mean bad RX Qual in field / in HO Stats on in RMS stats, Please clarify.
    In any case is it effecting one radio / one band / all hopping etc, pls specify which is worst hit. check from frequency point of view.

Arvind

Vendor :Huawei

Band:1800

issue is with hopping frquencies,checked with HSN and MAIO plan.

Alexia

with SFH normally you can have bad rx quality but the SQI is good and the customers can hear each other well. which problem do you really face??

Ashvaan sheik

Assalaamualaikum…!!

some sites can overshoot above 5kms also
    so check it out.. Check coverage level.. if there is a lake or river near by then interference occurs due to TIR..check whether nieghbours are properly defined.. there can be a problem of handover failures,,, or change the orientation little bit.. then do post drive and observe..

MAMAD.SAED

RX- QUALITY (UP LINK ) LOW . SOLOUTION .PLEASE HELP ME

pix

.REDUCE DOWNLINK TX POWER.

MAMAD SAED

IN THE HUAWEI HAVE( TCH ass FR ) TO SOLVE THIS CAN YOU HELP ME WHATS YOUR SOLUTION?

rakesh patel

plz.. suggest

Subhakanta jena

If Rx level is good but Rx quality is bad.Then what is the reason behind it and how to solve this.Also plz give some idea about pilot pollution

Lemaure

Hi Subhakanta jena
    Good Rx level and bad Rx quality is due to interference as know in GSM/LTE or pollution in WCDMA systems;
    the latter is due to many servers having almost the same signal strengtht without any being significantly dominant compared to the others (usually more than 5 radiolinks) and all of them being low.
    to fix it you just need to create a dominant server thanks to physical actions on site and neighbors. Also make sure radio parameters are not incriminated (wrong location/mobility parameters like CIO,Qoffset,…)

sachin tyagi

Guyz,

firstly in 2G there is no pilot pollution, we can relate the term as UL and Dl interference,
    if we are having good Rx level but Rx quality is poor then below are the resons behind it.

# Same BCCH or TCH pr BSIC will be there.

# Some cells are overshooting at that place.

# UL and DL interference may be worst which will be found in Reports 196,210 in Nokia.

#Check SQI and BER .

# TCH interference was there which will be found in live BSS .

#UL and DL interference may be due to some hardware issue or any external source

Thanking you

any issue mail me on

Sachintyagi720@gmail.com

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.