Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

NumberOfSlotsSpreadTrans in ALU(B10)-PIX

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mickey to Pix

Hi Pix & ALU Experts,

I have 2 Parameters:
    1.NumberOfSlotsSpreadTrans(TX Integer) set as 14 for a 900 network & 4 in another network(DCS 1800)– Can you explain this parameter & what should i keep its optimal value.
    2.RMS_TEMPLATE(as mentioned in ACIE)
    set as 1 & somewhere as 2.–what 1& 2 actually means & what is the impact if i change as 1 or 2.

Mickey to Pix

Hi Pix…

Can you reply to my query please

Mania

Hi Mickey,
    Since Pix is on leave let me try to answer your question.
    1. NumberOfSlotsSpreadTrans(TX Integer).
    This parameter is used to control the delay of RACH retransmission after a RACH Collision ( or any case when MS does not receive AGCH in response to a RACH it assumes its a collision ans retries after a randon interval controlled by TX_Integer. The need for random interval is so that if its a RACH Collision the other MS from whose RACH this collided would also be retrying so the interval should not be same else it would be an endless loop so both retry after random intervals. Now the reason you have different values for GSM and DCS does not seem to be useful (both have equal probability of collision). IT can be same only time when its done intentionally is when you expect system to respond slowly in some cases then its kept at its maximum value (one case is having ABIS on VSAT).

2. for the RMS Template well RNO and NPA have different templates (I think more than 8 which themselves can be altered )for displaying values of level / quality / TA bins; each template for example has information on how to distribute TA samples of 0-64 between bin 0 to 7.
    for example on Template could be [0-1],[1-2],[2-3],[3-4],[4-5],[5-6],[6- above]
    another template could be
    [0-5],[6-10],[11-15],[16-20],[20-30],[30-45],[45 above] and so on and based on the cell’s coverage area you can select the RMS Template that suits, one method may be like you can have one template for Rural and another for Urban and set to cells based on their morphology.

Hope this helps you, rest Pix can add on.

Mania

Sorry for the ambiguous english: Last line whould be read as below

“TX_Integer should only be different when its done intentionally is when you expect system to respond slowly in some cases then its kept at its maximum value (one case is having ABIS on VSAT).”

for RMS Template add line:
    Similarly for Level the bins 0-8 accomodate levels -67 below to -110 above as per settings. so set according to requirement, esp helpful when working on power levels

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.