Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

EnableMASelection

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mickey

Hi,

Can you explain about EnableMASelection… This is currently set as false in our ALU B10 network.What is this parameter abt & will it effect our KPI?

Mickey

Pix,

Do you have some idea on this ?

EnableMASelection to Pix???

Hi,

Can you explain about EnableMASelection… This is currently set as false in our ALU B10 network.What is this parameter abt & will it effect our KPI?

pix

hi,

sorry, i don’t know this parameter.
    can you share the description of this parameter here ?
    1/ what is the definition ?
    2/ is it changeable ?
    you can see this in the generic customer documenbtation in the OMCR.

regards
    pix

Mickey

EN_MA_SELECTION=

This flag enables/disables channel selection according to Mobile
    Allocation criterion.
    Coding rules 0: disabled, 1: enabled

Currently this is disabled

pix

I think this is a “hidden” parameter. If you activate frequency hopping then this parameter should be automatically set to True. You are seeing this parameter in the ACIE files, am I right ?

pix

Mania

Hi,
    This parameter actually prioritizes allocation to TRX having longer MAL assigned to it. it is used where different MALs are used in the same Zone. to allocate calls to that band which has greater robustness to fading / interference.

pix

oh yeah, now i remember. By enabling this parameter, the TCH are allocated preferably on the timeslots were the MA list is the biggest.

Thanks mania 🙂

Mickey

Hi There,

I am Using 1*3 in a cluster with 6 TCH Per MAL with 2 TCH gap & 1*1 with 18 TCH in MAL in another cluster(Complete band is 900)

Now if i see my ACIE File this EN_MA_SELECTION= FALSE, Now tell me for which condition it would be favourable for me if i will enable this..

pix

enable it all the time, because i don’t see any reason why not to activate it.
    the benefit is perhaps very subtle, i doubt if there is any impact on KPI, but it makes sense to enable it.

regards
    pix

Mania

Should be enabled, even though I can’t fully understand your situation. This works for call assignment between TRXs of same band within the cell.
    If your are using two different frequency plans in different clusters then this would not help,though having two TRXs with MAL1 and Two TRXs with a longer MAL-2 then enabling this parameter would prefer assignment to MAL2 TRXs.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.