Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

How many TCH are there in an E-1

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Usman

hi all,
    i need to know how many traffic channels does one e-1 carry., i.e on the basis of total traffic channels/trunks how do u calculate the number of required E-1 links.
    thanx
    usman.

Mostafa

Hi Usman,

In GSM, we sum the total traffic capacity of all the cells
    ( bellonging for example to the BSC u’re supposed to calculate E1’s for) wich gives you X erlangs.

You have to shoose your blocking factor( for example 0.02), and with your X, you go to the Erlang table wich gives you the result.

Bainie

hi all,
    i need to know how many traffic channels does one e-1 carry., i.e on the basis of total traffic channels/trunks how do u calculate the number of required E-1 links.
    thanx
    usman.

Mostafa

Normally, 1 E1 carry 32 channels, but,2 are moved out for synchronization & sygnalling==>30channels.

Regards.

Stubgar

Mostafa is correct. 30 voice channels from
    32 timeslots x 64kbps (8kHz x 8bits) = 2.048MHz, with TS16 used for CAS (on/off hook condition signalling etc) and TS0 for sync.

AlexSh

yes, it’s obvious that you have 30 voice channels from 30 voice channels from 32 timeslots x 64kbps. if u consider gsm network u have 30 speech channels on one E1 on A-interface, and more then 3 times more speech channels on A-ter and A-bis interfaces.

Tushar

How is signalling information carried by TS-16 in an E1 stream?
    What is the mechanism/logic?

Hi All,

It depends multiplexing also. concentration, unconcentration, multiplexing 16/32 !

-jp

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.