Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Code COng, Power COng in 3G Node B Huawe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    paul

Dear All,

Is there anybody know how to reduce Code congestion, power congestion in Node B 3G Huawei?

I’m new in 3G Huawei Optimization, so far what I’ve checked to reduce power/code congestion was making a proper SHO between 3G and 2G or other 3G Cells. Sometimes, it worked, but sometimes not. Tilting also good, but bad for coverage.

In Optimization 3G, it’s kinda a trade of (optimizing in coverage, but risking the capacity, or vice versa). So in 3G optimization Huawei, I didn’t know yet a lot of parameters to adjust. What I know only RXlevmin, Ec/No, Threshold level RSCP to re-sellect to 2G system, SF adjust.

Is there anybody know what other important parameters I could adjust to resolve Code congestion, power congestion, etc?

I’m so grateful to see your response ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks alot friend!

Best regards,

Paul

sunny

You can do one of the following items

1 Lower power adm thrshold default it 85% make it to 90%
    2 Lower SF 8 code to 1 or 0, as SF 8 is used for 384RAB , consume lot of power
    3. Reduce the CPICH so you have more power avaible for the TCH cannels

Paul

Dear Sunny,

Thanks for your responses.

Could you please tell me what parameter/indicator in Huawei i should change related to your responses :

1 Lower power adm thrshold default it 85% make it to 90%. In M2000 Huawei, what is the indicator?
    2 Lower SF 8 code to 1 or 0, as SF 8 is used for 384RAB , consume lot of power. Does this mean we still use SF8 or not? What do you mean by SF8 code to 1 or 0?
    3. Reduce the CPICH so you have more power avaible for the TCH cannels. Reduce CPICH means reduce coverage. Is that not dangerous for coverage? What is the indicator?

Thanks,

Paul

Sunny

1 I am not fimilar with M2000 system /parameter,
    however the pwr adm is percentage of Total power allowed for Call Setup in a cell. So by increasing it you would allow more users on the cell and your power rejection will go down.

2 Turned off, SF 8 meaining set it 0 and SF8=1 will allow only 1 SF user in the cell at one time ,The SF 8 max limit is 8.
    I would turn off the SF 8 if you have 100s of rab rejection due to power .

3. Yes CPICH will affect the coverge so please do it only for the capacity reasons and make sure that some other cell will cover the lost coverge , meaning do it in good overlap area

Paul

Dear Sunny,

Thanks Alot Sunny!

1. I’ll find out what parameter is. Those power adm seems like a load threshold I think ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Turn of SF8 you mean? As I know, we can set SF8, SF16, SF32, etc. The higher SF, the more user can attach to 3G, but the lower its throughput. SF32 has lower throughput than SF8 but has more user can attach than SF8.

I wonder, what would be happened if we turn off SF8, so, based on what the user will get the throughput? Yes you are right, the higher SF, it means each user will consume less CE than the lower SF (each user in SF32 consumes less CE than that of SF8).

Let’s discuss it ๐Ÿ™‚

3. I get it, thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Best Regards,

Paul

Sunny

2.If you set SF8=0 you will block all 384K rab, so you wont allow high throuput data on R99 and save most power. SO no mobile can have SF=8
    However you can have SF 16,32 set to non zero values to allow data on the mobile that have only R99 Capablity.
    I have tried blocking SF8=0 and SF16 =8 and SF32=32 and it worked fine and power rejection went down on the voice side. Try it

Howerver the basic assuption for all above setting is that you have HSDPA on so you can afford to minimize the R99 traffic

4. Turn on GSM direct retry :If you hit with power congestion on UMTS you can turn on the Direct retry to GSM to provide relief on UMTS .
    Make sure you define the target GSM cell for retry .Generally the target cell is the cosite GSM sector .
    Also make sure that you enough capacity of GSM to handle the additonal traffic
    Thanks

Paul

Dear Sunny,

Well, based on your statement, we can set in a nodeB with 2 different SFs, SF16 and SF32. Am I right?

But as I know, we can set only one SF. If we can set the SF more than 1, what specific indicator is that?

In Huawei, SF setting is like this :

List cell LDR algorithm parameters. Cell ID is 0.

LST CELLLDR: CELLID=0, LSTFORMAT=VERTICAL;

%%LST CELLLDR: CELLID=0, LSTFORMAT=VERTICAL;%%

RETCODE = 0 Execution succeeded.

List Cell LDR Algorithm Parameters

———————————-

Cell ID = 0

Cell name = cell1

DL LDR first action = CODE ADJUST

DL LDR second action = BE TRAFF RATE REDUCTION

DL LDR third action = INTER-FREQ LOAD HANDOVER

DL LDR fourth action = NO ACTION

DL LDR Fifth action = NO ACTION

DL LDR Sixth action = NO ACTION

DL LDR Seventh action = NO ACTION

DL LDR Eighth action = NO ACTION

DL LDR Ninth action = NO ACTION

DL LDR Tenth action = NO ACTION

DL LDR-BE rate reduction RAB number = 1

DL LDR un-ctrl RT Qos re-nego RAB num = 1

DL CS should be ho user number = 3

DL PS should be ho user number = 1

DL LDR-AMR rate reduction RAB number = 1

DL CS should not be ho user number = 3

DL PS should not be ho user number = 1

UL LDR first action = INTER-FREQ LOAD HANDOVER

UL LDR second action = BE TRAFF RATE REDUCTION

UL LDR third action = NO ACTION

UL LDR fourth action = NO ACTION

UL LDR Fifth action = NO ACTION

UL LDR Sixth action = NO ACTION

UL LDR Seventh action = NO ACTION

UL LDR Eighth action = NO ACTION

UL LDR-BE rate reduction RAB number = 1

UL LDR un-ctrl RT Qos re-nego RAB num = 1

UL CS should be ho user number = 3

UL PS should be ho user number = 1

UL LDR-AMR rate reduction RAB number = 1

UL CS ishould not be ho user number = 3

UL PS should not be ho user number = 1

UL HHO load space threshold[%] = 20

DL HHO load space threshold[%] = 20

UL HHO maximum bindwidths[bps] = 200000

DL HHO maximum bindwidths[bps] = 200000

MBMS decsend power rab threshold = 1

Cell LDR SF reserved threshold = SF8

LDR code priority indicator = FALSE

Max user number of code adjust = 1

Ul LDR Credit SF reserved threshold = SF8

Dl LDR Credit SF reserved threshold = SF8

(Number of results = 1)

— END

Thanks alot Sunny!,

Paul

sunny

Dear Paul:
    Yes in our system we can set the following SF to different values to free up power and code for the voice users.
    As we know in code tree the code are reused in the same branch .
    So by blocking 2 codes out of 8 ,you free up 1/4 of resources

parameter Range
    SF8adm 0 to 8
    SF16adm 0 to 16
    SF32adm 0 TO 32
    Thanks

paul

Dear SUnny,

Thanks, alot. What equipment’s vendor do you handle?

I’ll ask my expert in HUawei RAN, what parameter should be set like yours.

Regards,

Paul

sunny

Ericsson
    Thanks

Rizi

what are the different R99 & HSDPA

traffic

Dear All(or Paul if online),

What values are you using for
    RXlvlmin,Ec/No threshold, RSCP and other parameters that are important on umts.

Thnx

Naveed Anjum

please any body can help me, how many types of congestion in WCDMA. and how we control them.

DARA

Dear all,

Since i am a new engineer that just involve with 3G network it seem that i got nothing, now my Node-B got to much congestion on UL and DL CE congestion. so i would to ask for help how to solve that problem, pleas kindly help and advice me some books that related to this problem.

Tanks.
    reachsochivorn@ymail.com

pix

hi,

1/ you need to increase the CE License for this site.
    2/ or/and you need to decrease CE usage (by activating specific feature, or by reducing number of HSDPA/HSUPA users)
    3/ you need to better balance the load between cells / carriers. Are all cells or carriers using the same CE pool ? Try to find the cells attached to a CE pool which is less used, and push your traffic over there.

Regards
    pix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.