Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

in-building walk test with TEMS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    poncho

Hi,
    Is it possible to have an in-building walk-test with TEMS investigation without GPS connected and yet be able to have the RXLEV foot-print showing in TEMS during the analysis? If yes, how?
    Thanks.

Y.

ahmed

yes you can ; just load the floor plan bitmap as a layer and click the pin layer and mark on the map as long as you walk …it will appear as a black dots, keep click continuously to get more samples as much as you can…then save the log and go to the mapinfo to analyze the data…….you need touch screen tablet PC.

poncho

Hi Ahmed,
    Thanks for your reply. Does it mean you can’t get it done with a normal laptop without a touchscreen?
    Thanks.

SHELDON

Hi Poncho,

You don’t need a touchscreen. Once you’ve loaded your floor plan, locate your position and start pin-pointing(using whatever pointing device ur laptop uses, be it mouse or touchpad).

Regards,
    SHELDON

ahmed

without tablet pc or touch screen it will be so hard to do the job as i used to do this job before as it is impossible to carry laptop and tems kit and walk and click on tems, even with tablet touch pc it is hard :)….go for a handy or pocket kit

SHELDON

I think it’s a question of the kind of TEMS kit you have. For the walk test, you need to connect only the phone and dongle, which I believe can be reasonably managed. You can even ask someone to help you out if you can’t manage alone. I don’t see the necessity of buying a handy kit (for hundreds of dollars maybe) when you can manage with a little bit of difficulty.

Regards,
    SHELDON

Egaru

Please is it possible have continuous pin points so i dont need to keep clicking to make samples, can walk then pin point a few samples and the KPIs are uniformly distributed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.