Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BCCH and HOPING interference

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eagle

Hi to all.

I have problems with interference. This city is in the border with another state and they are using most of our frequencies on BCCH and Hoping channnels. Iv used the frequencies with less interference near the border and those with more interference away the border.there was a little progress but the KPI are still very bad.
    Any suggestions?

Pix

Hi eagle,

your solution is the most logical.
    you can also try to contact this operator and work out how to share efficiently the frequencies at the border.
    I’m sure they are facing the same problems as yours and are willing to work it out.

regards
    pix

Eagle

Only we are suffering this issue because they have a big mountain in their territory and our waves cant interfere but they have their antennas in that mountain so only we r getting interference.

SHELDON

Hi Eagle,

At what RXLEV are their signals in your country? If their signal level is too high, I think you should ask them to either reduce their output power or downtilt/re-orient their antennas. I suppose there should be laws( by the ITU) which forbid foreign operators from shooting into other countries with a very high signal level. I don’t know the exact details, but I’m pretty sure there would be such a law.

Regards,
    SHELDON

Pix

Eagle,

As Sheldon implied, they are clearly looking for covering your country with their antennas. Therefore, whatever action you take, they will eventually counter it. GSM naturally provides algorithm to extend coverage, not to block coverage from others 🙂

Did you check which NCC they are using ?
    To minimize their coverage, set your RXLEV ACCESS MIN to the minimum value (-110dBm), and if interference are globally bad, you might want to try SFH 1×1. I don’t have other tricks… On NSS side, remove them from the list of friendly PLMNs, so that your subscribers won’t camp on their network so easily. But that would take effect only on new SIM cards.

High level (or legal) actions are the only ones that will really make a difference. Get your CEO to talk to their CEO, and let them work it out.

Also, BTS are highly sensitive to electro-magnetic storms and solar flares. But unless you plan to mutate your DNA, thatprobably doesn’t help… 🙂

cheers
    pix

Eagle

Thnx guys. min access is already at -110dBm. What is SFH 1×1 and how to use it. i have huawei equipements.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.