Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SDCCH dimensioning for HR environment

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    Ravi kant

thanx for the answer pix…

pradeep pandit

how to improve paging success rate, or what are the steps if psr goes bad

yogesh_rf

hi pix,
    I have a query regarding SDCCH Dimensioning , if you please help me in that.My Question is why there are SDCCH/8 or SDCCH/4 ,Why it cnt be SDCCH/6???

It will be a nice help

Rgds
    Yogesh_rf

yani

Hi!

We currently have a multi-vendor network, MSC (vendor 1), two neighboring cells (vendor 2 & 3) sharing same LAC but we have high sdcch drop due to other reasons from these cells, what could be the sdcch drop due “other reasons” for this case?

Please help, ASAP.

Thanks.

RF Learner

Hi Yogesh,

There we also have S/7 or S/15 while using 1 CBCH.

Regards
    RF

Asajile

Hii; am new in Ericsson Network Planning, please help me on this!!is it possible to apply Cell Load Sharing Feature for the cells of different BSC?what important features/parameters in Cell level and BSC Level can causes TCH/SDCCH congestion and poor CSSR?

adill

Hi, We’ve implemented FLP in one of the Network in our country. Everything is working properly except the SDCCH drop due to other reasons has increased.

Do you have any solution to trace out the SDCCH drop due to other reason?

pix

hello aadil… you’re posting the same message than imran.. :
    (cf. Imran – 3 Jul 2006, in this thread)

are you working on the same network ? 🙂

nevermind, here is the question : what is FLP ?

Nguvu Kamando

Hi all,
    We are using Motorola BSS and Simens MSC, we have a problem of high drop call rate wherever we have high paging load. I have failed to relate btn the two. Please someone to elaborate!!

Pix

hello Kuvu,

a logical chain of events would be :

1- high drop call %, subscribers are getting cut while calling someone or getting called.

2- subscribers are trying to re-establish the call, all at about the same time

3- due to simultaneous trials, there is a PCH (paging channel) high load.

Of course, it’s just an assumption.

Otherwise, can you find out the cause of call drop rate (bad radio, interference, coverage, during HO, due to hardware failures, due to transmissions…?), what is the average call duration ?
    what is the SDCCH drop %
    what is the RACH load, the AGCH load (and requests ?)

is the phenomenom occuring on all cells of a BSC ?
    alls cell of a LAC ?
    just a few cells in a cluster ?
    random cell ?

check your combined BCCH settings also..
    from NSS point of view, i’m not an expert, so i’ll just help you to clear out a possible radio issue.

regards,
    pix

emmanuelle

hi,can somebody help me understand why MBCCH transfer is sometimes necessary in optimizing a cell? also, why do some MBCCH automatically transfer to another TRX in a cell? what are the parameters being monitored in such cases? thanks!

Nguvu

Thanks Pix,

High percentage of drops were caused by HO failures, no rf losses
    No changes on the sd losses,
    High DCR to some cells randomly to some BSCs in the same LAC
    There was increase in AGCH load but this is explainable as we increased the number of reserved access grant blocks. there was no significant change in the PCH load.

thanks

Ebe

My SDCCH FAILURE RATE HAVE GONE HIGH..
    this is a rural area and most of the sectors have little hand off . Can you tell me what I can do to improve

Pix

Ebe,

First, you have to tell us the CAUSE of the SDCCH FAILURE RATE. Normally, you should have different indicators such as :
    1. sdcch fail % due to BAD RADIO CONDITIONS
    2. sdcch fail % due to SDCCH CONGESTION
    3. sdcch fail % due to HARDWARE/SOFTWARE FAILURES

If (1.)
    a.. check interferences (from GSM systems OR from external sources : military radars, CDMA, AMPS, TACS, other wireless technologies..)
    b .. check ghost RACH, reduce the RXLEV_ACCESS_MIN or the RACH_FILTER for instance.
    c.. check that your TRE are fine (reset the hardware)

If (2.) : check your SDCCH traffic : location updates ? SMS ? call setups ? and then increase SDCCH capacity.

If (3.) : verify your hardware / software.. change equipments, reset the BTS, etc…

Regards,
    Pix

ristre

I’ve a problem in my GSM network. we works with Siemens & Alcatel equimpents in diferent cities. We face ‘T200 Expire’ Event much especially in SDCCH assignment session. I have played with related timer in T200 Settings(increase/decrease) but no result has been concluded.
    Will you help me in this subject. I don’t know which parameters & nodes need to be checked.
    In addition, I don’t have any document in this subject(T200 guideline,Optimization,…); Will you send me if you have.
    riverstreamer@gmail.com

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 155 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.