Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

ALU_Paging coordination

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Van_G

Hi Pix,
    did you know is it possible to activate paging coordination features in ALU_B10 or there is something else without using Gs interface.The problem is when user is in a active data session,voice call get missed(no CS paging).
    Regards,

rb_bg

Pix

Hi,

in b10 only the Gs interface can fix this problem.
    in b11, there is another solution : the bsc coordination.

regards
    pix

Van_G

Hi Pix,
    thank you for your answer..
    Have a nice day :)))
    BR,

Mania

Hi Pix and Van_G,
    Not that familiar with Paging coordination could you please share more information on this feature…

pix

mania,

paging coordination is a feature that allows CS Paging to reach MS which are in Packet Transfer Mode.

Paging coordination can be done with Gs interface, or with a special feature in the BSC. In ALU, the Gs is supported since B10 or B9, while the “BSC Paging Coordination” is supported in B11 only.

I think all details are in the previous posts, but if you need anything more, let me know 🙂

regards
    pix

Mania

Hi Pix,
    Could you pls send the details of this feature to erlangmania@yahoo.com

Thanks

Van_G

Hi Pix,
    I need your help !!
    We use B11 and tried to activate the Paging Coordination for some BSCs…
    Did you know which are the Indicators that are related to this feature activation? I was cheked my indicators related to the paging, but there is no changes after activation? And we just activated EN_BSS_Paging_coordination and EN_IR_UL on BSC level.Is it enough or there are some additional parameters?
    Thank you in advence ,
    BR

pix

hi van G,

P390a > Number of CS paging requests coming from the BSC received by the GPU

P390b > Number of CS Paging messages sent on PACCH

Indicators:
    GCPGRQGN: CS_Paging_Request_received GCPGMPACN: CS_Paging_Sent_MS_PACCH_PTM
    GCPGMPACR: CS_Paging_Sent_MS_PACCH_PTM_rate

The feature EN_IR_** is not useful at all.
    On the other hand, T_SEND_MULTIPLE_PAGING_COMMAND and NB_MAX_MSG_MULTIPLE_PAGING_CMD are quite useful.

Regards
    pix

Van_G

Thank you Pix !!!
    I’ll check it ….

Van_G

Hi Pix,
    are there parameters in MFS which are related to paging coordination because in DOC for parameters in BSS there are rules that this parameter should be the same as in MFS..I can’t find it in MFS level..
    For your note about T_SEND_MULTIPLE_PAGING_COMMAND and NB_MAX_MSG_MULTIPLE_PAGING_CMD I also can’t find it in BSC/BTS/cell level…

Van_G

Hi Pix,
    We implemented the “BSS paging coordination” in our network. For the moment everything looks ok…
    My question is, is there any problems as congestions, fails or overloads which we can expect and with which indicators we can monitor them?

pix

hi,

for monitoring:

pix – 7 Feb 2011

hi van G,

P390a > Number of CS paging requests coming from the BSC received by the GPU

P390b > Number of CS Paging messages sent on PACCH

Indicators:
    GCPGRQGN: CS_Paging_Request_received GCPGMPACN: CS_Paging_Sent_MS_PACCH_PTM
    GCPGMPACR: CS_Paging_Sent_MS_PACCH_PTM_rate

The feature EN_IR_** is not useful at all.
    On the other hand, T_SEND_MULTIPLE_PAGING_COMMAND and NB_MAX_MSG_MULTIPLE_PAGING_CMD are quite useful.

Regards
    pix

Rex

Hi,
    When Paging Coordination is enabled, is it mandatory to enable EN_RA_CAP_UPDATE (Radio Access Capability)? What’s it’s role indeed?
    Best regards,
    Rex

Rex

It seems everybody is on vacation!

Rex

Hi,
    When Paging Coordination is enabled, is it mandatory to enable EN_RA_CAP_UPDATE (Radio Access Capability)? What’s it’s role indeed?
    Best regards,
    Rex

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.