Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

MPD

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    KJB

Kindly share the reason for Low MPD

BR.

KJ.

Pix

MPD=?

Mania

Hi KJB,
    MPD is actually a hybrid indicator and the reasons for it being low can range from high drops due to any hardware / parameter / frequency / neighbour / transcoder issue. or low traffic.
    Would depend on What the the DCR / Traffic and the morphology of the region.

KJB

Thanks Mania,

If our All HW is OK,Then what parametric changes can help to improve MPD???

Hi Pix,

MPD= Total Traffic/Call drop after TCH assignment.

Thanks.
    KJ

Mania

@Pix just to add to MPD discription.
    it should be Traffic * Granuality / Drops. like for 60 minutes granuality it should be Traffic * 60 /Drops . Is an excellent hybid particularly usfull to benchmark redesigns, as chances of traffic loss/ gain and changes in Drops so if MPD increases then all is towards good if decreases then all is deteriorating… and Alcatel doesn’t normally use it…
    @ KJB: @ the things that can increase traffic i.e improve CSSR / reduce blocking and decrease drops like adding missing neighbour. optimal traffic distribution etc would add to MPD. Also try redesigns they are good at this.. which vendor are you using, I could then give some vendor specific advise if I have worked on that.

KJB

Vendor is NOKIA

pix

hello,

in alu, it now appears in the list of indicators in NPO : “erlang per drop” but it’s true it is not widely used 🙂

what are typical thresholds for this indicator ?

thanks
    pix

Mania

@ KJB: sorry but don’t have experiance on Nokia.

@ Pix: the threshold is variable for Urban Suburban it is very good normally in range to 150,200 and above, for RR its close to 100 and for extreme remote it can be even below 50.. but all depends on the Quality from where the cell is taking calls like overshootings trains etc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.