Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

OddEven TS issue at Alcatel Lucent

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan

Dears;
    Any of you heard about Odd\Even TS issues with Alcatel TRXs; as I informed that most of the operators suffering with that issue? how I have to know if a TRXs within or not and how I can separate them from the network which I’m working with?

Br.

Pix

Dan,

Yes, some TRXs were faulty. Please contact your Alcatel support team so they can tell you how to detect such TRX’s. I don’t know their policies, but they have automatic tools to detect (thanks to QoS indicators) your faulty TRXs. I’m sure they can help you out.

Regards
    pix

Mania

Hi Dan,
    You should enable Type-4(SD Stats on Time Slot Level) and Type-5(TCH Stats on Time slot Level) to check if the odd or the even timelot have greater no of drops on them if so then you have a OTS Issue.
    As far as I know Alcatel has a hardware architecture that has different processors for odd and even TS and its placed such that one of the processor heats up and starts generating errors due to some faulty component. Its usually a batch of kown origin which can be traced and replaced.
    The new batches have this issue fixed.

Dan

Thanks Pix and Mania,
    The problem is Alcatel stopped supporting us after the network swapped more than 80% and the rest on way but because of some issues may it take little long time for the 20%; we are looking to find a solution for that issue,
    I thought may be possible to find those TRXs according to the serial or ….,
    I will try to activate type-4 and 5 as mania mentioned and let’s hope for the best,

Pix

yes, mania’s post is exactly the right method.
    ALU has an automatic script, I wanted to save you the trouble of going through that 🙂

regards
    pix.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.