Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

IR in Alcatel

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Van

Hi All,
    after the IR(UL/Dl) activation in our network, we observed increase of TBF_Drop rate in DL. That is normal or there is something other ?

rb_bg

pix

hello van,

what are you new parameters settings related to IR & resegmentation ?

regards
    pix

Van

Hi Pix,
    the changed parameter are
    EN_IR_DL_Full_per_cell and
    EN_IR_UL_per_cell.
    The TBF_Drop in UL also is increased but this is becomes after Extended_TBF_UL activation.
    Regards,

rb_bg

Paul

Dear Van,

As I know in Alcatel PArameter, there is no EN_IR_DL, There are only EN_IR_UL and EN_RESEGMENTATION_UL.

Based on ALU Documentation, EN_IR_UL should be activated (ENABLE).The activation of both at the same time may reduce the gain
    of the Incremental Redundancy

But why does the default value is 0 (it means DISABLE)?

If EN_IR_UL is ENABLE, supposedly it increase the accessibility and attainability of UL_Tbf_Establshment, but I don’t know why in your case it caused DL_TBF_DropRate.

Dear Pix,

Need your help 🙂

Thanks

Paul

Van

Is there anybody to know?
    …After the IR(UL/Dl) activation in our network, we observed increase of TBF_Drop rate in DL. That is normal or there is something other?…

Pix

Van,

In the parameter definition :
    “To allow the best throughput in DL, it is strongly recommended to set this parameter to 0 (DISABLE) i.e. to not forbid the resegmentation.”

When you enable this parameter, you actually force the system to stay in high MCS.
    When you disable it, you actually allow it to use lower MCS.
    In both caases, the IR is used whenever possible !

In case of network with good radio conditions all over, you can try to set it to “ENABLE”. But in typical networks, with sometimes bad conditions, it is safer to keep it at “DISABLE”.

Cheers
    pix
    (sorry for the late reply)

suresh

Hi pix,

normalyy its combination of la/ir/bler but here if its disable then only la mode is availv\bale and if c/i is high it will go for low mcs and because of this throught will affect

while in ir it will do puncture within same mcs and after ms memory is full it will change ir to la but here user will get good throughput but i don’t knoe here if its enable then is it possible to go from ir to la like erc sys or will it remain in ir?

so which one is best?

pix

hi suresh,

all answers are below…

cheers
    pix

Rex

Hi,
    Are EN_IR_UL and EN_RESEGMENTATION_UL optional parameters? Editing each BSC these params are empty, there’s no possibility to chose enable or disable.
    Regards,
    Rex

Pix

Hello Rex,

These parameters are now available per cell, not per BSC (it depends on your release).
    Please check the cell level first, if it is not there, then we’ll dig further.

cheers
    pix

Rex

Hi Pix,
    Yes, thanks. I didn’t know that, in B9 it was in BSC level. Except EN_IR_UL_per_cell there is EN_FULL_IR_DL_per_cell as well. Should we enable that too. And which is better, IR without Resegmentation or Resegmentation without IR?
    Regards,
    Rex

Ian

Hi Rex,

long time you have posted this but have you solved the problem below, we are facing the same here, should we activate IR_UL (according to Pix, this features is useless) or/and Resegmentation ?

we are in B10 and facing UL/DL tbf failures

thanks
    ian

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.