Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

CSSR

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mak

In the CSSR formula from which part CSSR start taken into consideration from SD Attempt or SD Assignment.

Mania

Mak,
    Please be more specific. Actually different vendors are using different formulae. based on the distribution of raw counters they have.
    In some cases they include the SD blocking and in others they srart after SD assignment and SDR is used only. Probably this is what you asked, Vendors dont have the cause value of the SD request so they cannot tell you how many SD requested for Call_Setup were blocked so they dont include it. However some make the logical assumption that the percent of SD_Blocked is irrelated to which cause and all causes would be blocked once the SDs are congested so they just multiply (1-SD_Blocking) to the other factor so that it is also taken into account.

Mak

So it means the vendors are including sd Blocking then it will be from SD attempt

and the vendors are not including sd blocking it will be from sd assignment.

Mania

yup..

Mak

Thanks Mania for your reply.

If We left the Vendor strategy, and talk about GSM only then what would be the scenario.

Mania

I am not sure if ETSI gives any such clear outline for KPIs.Its upto you. From subscriber point of view SD _Blocking does effect CSSR so should be included. And since RACH_Request breakdown is not available so precise SD_blocked for Call_Setup cannot be measured so accurate CSSR with SD_Blocking is not possible.
    Its a give and take situation. I prefer to include SD_Bloking in the formula as it gives a getter KPI and helps issue identification

Mak

Thanks Mania. I got your point

okoumou

i have many problem for PDP Context,the % around 30%, how i do can for improve this kpi

Pix

hi,

you have 30% of PDP context activation failure ?
    This is a GGSN issue, so it is very far from my area of expertise. I’d check the DHCP “ip address pool”, if there are enough for all the active subscribers. Then I’d check APN definitions… then I’d ask GGSN gurus for help 🙂

regards
    pix

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.