Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Erlang Calculation

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Prabeen

Post = Understood??????

Pleease

Rafi

Hi All,
    Do not get confused with channel and time slot. channel consists of two frequencies, one for TX one for RX. Each channel is divided into 8 TS.Two=16. Here one TS is dedicated to BCCH and one for SDCCH. 14TS= 14TCH=8.2Erlang. of traffic. they can handle.8.2/25M=320Subscribers if 25mEr/Subs OR 8.2/40mEr=200 subscribers if 40mEr/Subs is used.

Pix

OMG.

Posting such a thing and making it sounds like the truth is terrible…. If at least you were asking about it… but no, you are “saying” it.

Amazing.

So, let’s go for it… You are saying that each user uses only 1 UL TS or 1 DL TS ?

Is it a choice they must make at the beginning of the call ?

“If you want to talk, press 1”
    “If you want to listen, press 2”
    “If you want both, hang up and hang yourself !”

I’m afraid it doesn’t work this way, and deep inside yourself, you know it… 🙂

regards
    pix

Rafi

Hi Pix,
    Read it again.
    Do not get confused with channel and time slot. Each channel consists of two frequencies, one for TX one for RX.
    Each channel is divided into 8 TS.
    Two TRX=16TS.
    Here one TS is dedicated to BCCH and one for SDCCH. Remaining 14TS= 14TCH= 8.2Erlang of traffic(from Erlang B table with 2% GoS).
    They can handle.8.2/25mEr=320 Subscribers if 25mEr/Subs.is used by operator.
    OR 8.2/40mEr=200 Subscribers if 40mEr/Subs is used by operator. OR 14 Subscribers simultaneously.

Pix

Rafi,

I read again, but I keep (mis)reading the same thing…
    It was not clear to me, sorry if I offended you in my reply.

Cheers
    pix

Prabeen

Hey all,

One small query with reference to Rafi’s points. If i accept your point of 2 frequencies for tx and rx why do i get only one hopping frequency displayed at a time when making calls in my test mobile.

Completely confused. i hope

pix

hello,

what is displayed is not a “frequency”, it is an “ARFCN”, which physically consists of one pair of frequencies (google for more details)

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.