Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

paging

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    aliasgh

hi all
    i know that paging command(send from bsc too bts through a-bis) have a paging group no (say 14)
    but this number is not use in paging request(send from bts to ms in air interface)

why the reason of this?

pix

the paging group is used by the BTS to know when to schedule the tx of this particular paging message.
    The MS is only listening to the messages scheduled during its own paging group scheduling.

In other words, the paging group defines the occurences of the BCCH-multiframe in which its pagings are sent.
    Since both BTS and MS knows about it, there is no need to indicate it in the paging message. (i didn’t verify if it is actually written in the message or not, I’m taking your word for it)

regards
    pix

aliasgh

thanx a lot pix
    one question:
    is there any messages(in standard form) come from MS to MSC that contain IMSI of mobiles that camp on the particular BTS?

Pix

No no no!
    The MS will never transmit its IMSI to the MSC. It is all protected and done throught the authentication message.

The only thing you can have is the location of each IMSI per LAC in the VLR/HLR. And as soon as the MS is in dedicated mode, you can see in which cell it is located.
    That’s all (afaik)

regards
    pix

aliasgh

thanx pix for your comment.
    is there any mechanism to simulate dedicated mode in all MSs that camp on in the particular BTS find out the location of each IMSI at cell level?

Pix

Hi,

Every T3212 the MS is doing a location update, during the time of this procedure, the MS is in dedicated mode (on SDCCH).

I guess you could page the IMSI and send them a SMS. That would push the MS in dedicated mode, during the reception of the SMS.
    There are some SMS that are “system” SMS, they don’t make the phone ring, they are not displayed by the phone… Well, I think it exists, I’m not sure.

regards
    pix

aliasgh

hi pix
    thanx for your reply
    is there in location update message the IMSI of the MSs?
    how i can make location update message to contain LAC+CI+IMSI?
    what is the impact of low T3212 e.g 10min??

pix

ali,

i must repeat : the MS will NEVER transmit its IMSI. Only the TMSI. The VLR will then make the link between TMSI and IMSI.
    BTW, after LU, it is probable the TMSI is going to be changed to a new value.

T3212 = 10mn : lots of SDCCH congestion all over your network, very poor CSSR, not even talking about the MSC/VLR overload and the HLR overload…
    Do Not Do It.

Ayat

Location update results from two major causes in GSM system. One is when MS changes from old LAC to new LAC and the second is when the network notifies MS for periodic location update.
    Network controls the location time interval and depends upon T3212 timer. Network broadcasts to all MSs in the cell by RIL3_RR SYSTEM INFORMATION TYPE3 message. T3212 timer is one of the system control parameters.
    This parameter affects the overall service performance of the network and the utilization of the radio resource. For the area with higher traffic, the period could be bigger (for example 16 or 20 hours, even 25 hours); for the area with ordinary traffic, the value of T3212 could be smaller (for example 3 or 6 hours); for the area with extreme overload traffic, it is recommended to set T3212 as 0.

AA

can anyone please explain what is the purpose of CM service request(What is the content of this message) and how is it related to Class Mark.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.