Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

DL power control and DL DTX

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    JACK

hi all
    i read in one POST that:
    “DL power control and DL DTX are a way to decrease downlink interference in a network. Combining them is the most effective, but just using one of them is possible.”

why we can only use one of them?

Mania

Yup you can use both combined and independently.
    but why would you want to use them indipendently as both only have advantages and no disadvantage that I can think of.

jack

hi
    what is advantages & advantages of each other and both of them?

Mania

Both decrease interference DTX by not transmitting during silences in speach and Power control by transmitting only that level that is necessary to maintain desired quality.
    Again both effect to reduce interference. and both should be logically be enabled, you can have a trial of enabling one after the other and your KPIs would improve.

JACK

thanx Mania
    it is very very helpful

Dell

Hi,
    we’ve made indoor measurement in basement of one building and in Idle mode the power was about -85 dBm to -90 dBm but stable. After starting call in Dedicated mode RxLev_Sub (also RxLev_Full) decreases and varies between -95 dBm to -100 dBm. DTX is enabled. Frequency hopping is used (SFH). Why is this hapening? What’s the cause of this. Should we disable Power Control, if yes, how? If no, what should we do?
    Hope someone will help me.
    Regards,
    Dell

Dell

Anybody?

SHELDON

Hi Dell,

I think there are two possible causes of your problem

1. The transmit power on non-BCCH TRXs is lower than that on the BCCH TRX

2. Too aggressive power control settings.

Case 1 can be corrected by changing the relevant parameters, and case 2 can be corrected by either disabling power control or changing the desired signal level values.

How these changes can be done are very much dependent on your vendor.

Best Regards

Dell

Hi Sheldon,
    Thank you very much for your response. The vendor is ALU, version B10.
    Thanks again.
    Regards,
    Dell

Pix

Hi,

the DL Power Control is activated ?
    what is the setting of PWRC ?

regards
    pix

Mania

Dell,
    I am not sure if there is any issue. Either you have harsh Power control settings or or faulty Radio… for testing a faulty TRX you can disable Power control and check calls on both TRXs should be getting same levels.
    If the issue is of Harsh Power control settings and your Quality / Voice quality is not being degraded then you need not worry and and if your quality is being degraded then you should see what your quality window is as even in degraded quality its not increaseing power…

Dell

Hi Pix,
    MS_PC and BS_PC is enabled (if you meant by that power control). PWRC is disabled, should we enable it?
    Regards,
    Dell

pix

hi,

yes, that’s the PC parametrs, thanks.

pwrc cannot be disabled… the good value should be:
    “1: measurements made on BCCH frequency are not included”

kindly test mania’s recommendations (welcome back mania 🙂 )

– disable BS_PC
    – to simplify the analysis, stop base band hopping and use “no hopping” instead.
    – do the drive test
    – 1/ connect on tch on the BCCH TRX
    – 2/ connect on a tch on a non BCCH TRX

problem still here ?

another to investigate … chec the qos indicators “path balance” and “rtch erlang total” per TRX. are some trx’s having a path balance far away from 0, while carrying erlang > 2 erlangs ?

regards
    pix

Dell

Hi Pix & Mania,
    thanks. Again, we are using Synthesized FH not BBH nor NoHopping. As I know PWRC should be NOT_INCLUDED for SFH (for BBH yes). Should I include PWRC and BS_PC disable or just first to try with BS_PC? The problem is indoor not outside. The quality and level outside is fine. No path balance issue, no problem with TRXs.
    Regards,
    Dell

pix

hi,

pwrc must always be set to “not included”, whatever your hopping (sfh, bbh, nh).

the problem doesn’t happen outdoor ? then you don’t have a problem…
    just to be sure : when you get rxlev_idle = -85dBm, there is no drop of rxlev when you make a call ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.