Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

HLR migration

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Iviks

Hello to all,
    We are going for HLR migration in our network of around 545k sub base from HLR1 to HLR2.
    After copying all 545k subs in HLR2 and creating/modifying all other required database i.e IMSI & MGT to HLR2 from VLR, we are planning for execute gsm restoration command in HLR1 followed by change in periodic LU BSS timer to 6 min.
    Now my doubt is sending GSM restoration and change in LU timer is enough for the migration? Will VLR will work to initiate send authentication info message for the subscriber for the LU in HLR2.my concern is will VLR will send SAI msg to HLR1 or HLR2.
    Also please suggest if i am missing anything.provisioni of subs already taken care.
    Regards…

C300G

Some equipment ignores “HLR reset” message. Better use “Cancel location” for each subscriber before migration of his profile.

Iviks

Thanks for reply, but is it a practical solution of giving cancel location to each subscriber.imagine if there is 2 million subscriber.

Waqas.A

Dear Iviks,

Following steps must be taken before/during the HLR migration:

1. Database backup for modification of data if this is an inter-vendor HLR migration.
    2. Provisioning embargo for data consistency.
    3. Database dump after the embargo
    4. Data modification according to the new HLR DB format
    5. Routing of SCCP messages from signalling gateway (STP in many cases these days) to the new HLR2
    6. Reduction in BSS/RAN LU timer
    7. Necessary testings and their verification from charging perspective.

I think your query of sending SAI to new HLR will be addressed in point no. 5

I hope it helps you out.

BR,
    Waqas

Iviks

Thanks Waqas for your reply.please clarify will single periodic LU by change in BSS times triggers VLR to send SAI msg to new HLR according to SCCP routing.or there must be old HLR restart to remove AUC triplets from VLR and that will trigger to send SAI request when PLU.

paraHO

Iviks

Just thought

T3212 periodic location update timer SIM, would that cause issues for your HLR migration plan?

BR

gepeto_28

How was the migration??
    In my case LU did not trigered VLR to sedd SAI to new HLR.
    Any advice on how to solve it?

Peter

For migration i think the best way is to send MAP reset from old HLR to all VLR, easiest way 🙂 we didi it before and it works

kevin

does reset message affect MTC? before periodic LU timer trigered

Mahmoud

You can send RESET message from old HLR to VLRs.

But consider if you have more than one VLR, it should be send with delay between each RESET.

vlm

Please could you answer for “stupid” question: MAP RESET message is sent by using TC-BEGIN or TC-UNI? Thanks in advance.

Wallis Dudhnath

From this thread I see that the static (e.g. MML commands) and dynamic data has been addressed.

Just be aware of the SCCP signalling load. Attention should be paid to the load.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.